phy, chem or bio? (1 Viewer)

jonowang

HSC
out of bio, chem and phys for yr11/12, which one is better? easier? scales better?
im not really sure which one to take.

K

khorne

Whichever you like best...

Personally, I believe Physics is a lot of problem solving, bio is a lot of memorising and chem is a mix of each.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Scaling wise Phys > Chem > Bio

As khorne said, bio is all memorising physics is problem solving (not much maths, still a lot of theory) and chem is a mixture.

Pick either what you like the most, what you want to do as a career (bio for med, chem for eng) or what you're best at. If you still can't decide and don't care then just do physics as it scales the best.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

As khorne said, bio is all memorising physics is problem solving (not much maths, still a lot of theory) and chem is a mixture.

Pick either what you like the most, what you want to do as a career (bio for med, chem for eng) or what you're best at. If you still can't decide and don't care then just do physics as it scales the best.
Yay for science ^^

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I'm taking all of them in the hope that they'll clash, and because I'm interested in them. Take Chemistry, as stated above, it's a mixture of both.

jonowang

HSC
i dont really care which one i should take, i just wanna do one thats relatively easy, for me the sciences is more of a backup subject

shady145

Banned
HSC

o i thought chem>phys>bio in scaling... whoops lol

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
out of bio, chem and phys for yr11/12, which one is better? easier? scales better?
im not really sure which one to take.

1. physics
2.bio
3.chem

i dun do physics so it must be awesome
bio - duh, but i dun mind
CHEM IS SO CONFUSING!

lychnobity

HSC
It's better to take chemistry for uni purposes.

jonowang

HSC
is chem a prerequisite or assumed knowledge for many uni courses. cos most of my mates say they doing it cos it opens up alot of doors

aya-chan

HSC
personally I like phys the best. Chem's a little too boring. and I never did bio. coz I really really don't like bio. but it's not bad.

you can always start something and then change if you find that you don't really like it.

and like I said to keith, take a look at the syllabus or a textbook or something. it really helps. :]

HSC
I am doing all three of them next year but i would say chemistry and physics would be the two i would would out as the most important. I really depends in what you want to do later on in uni to pick between them and if you are like them i guess

jesssandy

HSC
Chem scales really well but has its moments of difficulty... Bio is good if you're good at english & physics is good if you're good at maths :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)