Phys1121/phys1131 (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Is it just me or was that exam abnormally easy? I always thought elec+mag was easier than the first half of the course (which is death), but not that much easier... I finished test 2 in an hour and considered doing test 1R but decided to leave instead. I worry when exams seem easy like this, because chances are I've flunked it. lol.

rama_v

HSC
Dumsum said:
Is it just me or was that exam abnormally easy? I always thought elec+mag was easier than the first half of the course (which is death), but not that much easier... I finished test 2 in an hour and considered doing test 1R but decided to leave instead. I worry when exams seem easy like this, because chances are I've flunked it. lol.
The test was weird. Many worded questions, but Electricity and Mag. was generally pretty good. Test 1R was difficult. I attempted it after finishing Test 2 completely, and I almost managed to finish it, just left out half of a question.

btw, were you in Level 4 at randwick for the exam?

rama_v

HSC
Dumsum said:
I was indeed.
lol. can u remember your seat. I have a feeling u may have been the person sitting to the right/just in front of me. Anyway, I am ruing having done question 4 b4 they made the correction. I had to do half of it again :(

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
My seat was G2. I was wearing a black shirt with green A Perfect Circle artwork and long black pants.

And I did the same. I was quite peeved. >: (

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
I thought all u Higher Phys guys were in lower tea (thats where the supervisors seemed to be directing all the 1131 students wondering into the 1121 exam).

Test 2 wasnt too bad, to tell u the truth though I expected an easier exam having seen past papers, there werent any interesting derivations where we were given the derivation we had to find. But yeah generally it was ok... although I agree Rama, too much writing considering the cirticism the HSC paper received from Joe Wolfe in first session, but I guess it wasnt really stuff u could Bull... well most of it wasnt anyway. Couldnt get the last part of Question 7 though... soo annoying, I skimmed through IR it seemed easier than the midsession, but I guess its probably different when u actually sit down and do the paper!

rama_v

HSC
physician said:
I thought all u Higher Phys guys were in lower tea (thats where the supervisors seemed to be directing all the 1131 students wondering into the 1121 exam).

Test 2 wasnt too bad, to tell u the truth though I expected an easier exam having seen past papers, there werent any interesting derivations where we were given the derivation we had to find. But yeah generally it was ok... although I agree Rama, too much writing considering the cirticism the HSC paper received from Joe Wolfe in first session, but I guess it wasnt really stuff u could Bull... well most of it wasnt anyway. Couldnt get the last part of Question 7 though... soo annoying, I skimmed through IR it seemed easier than the midsession, but I guess its probably different when u actually sit down and do the paper!
Yeah there was a fair bit of writing. At least it was about physics though, unlike the HSC (which was about society). In that regard I don't mind it.

Tonnes of ppl were at the Upper tea :p

Are you guys doing Higher 1B? Which lecture/lab?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
rama_v said:
Yeah there was a fair bit of writing. At least it was about physics though, unlike the HSC (which was about society). In that regard I don't mind it.

Tonnes of ppl were at the Upper tea :p

Are you guys doing Higher 1B? Which lecture/lab?
Nah, no 1B for me, Im doing MMAN (Engineering mechanics)... which Im hoping will be more interesting than 1st yr physics (physics content was alright actually, a little boring at times though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)