Phys1160 (1 Viewer)

heyhsc

HSC
I have heard so much about this gen-ed, can someone who's done it please share what it's like? Better yet, does anyone have the course outline with the assessments, I found it but no assessment details. What assessments are involved?

Thank you so much!

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
lol I've heard a lot about it as well but i'm not too sure about the assessments, but apparently its a pretty easy course and its all online

I hope it doesn't get filled up before my enrollment appointment :lol:

EDIT: just found this

PHYS1160 Introduction to Astronomy and the Search for Life Elsewhere
The course assessment is composed of participation in discussion groups, in online excercises and in writing an essay. There are also two online tests tha must be completed. This course is taught entirely online on Moodle.

Discussion Group Participation: 26%
Online Exercises: 20%
Essay: 18%
Short Question Test: 12%
Final Test 24%
total: 100%

Last edited:

michaeljennings

HSC
Im trying to enrol in phys1160 on thursday, 3 of my friends have done it and they got really good marks for it, its basically a bludge from what they tell me

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
My enrollment is on monday >.>
bet its gonna be full by then

Alkanes

HSC
My enrollment is on monday >.>
bet its gonna be full by then
What time is yours?

And there are like 600-800 spots from memory. That is quite a lot. Everyone should be able to enrol into this course assuming that they do it right away when they're eligible to.

D94

HSC
N/A
What time is yours?

And there are like 600-800 spots from memory. That is quite a lot. Everyone should be able to enrol into this course assuming that they do it right away when they're eligible to.
You misjudge its popularity and the number of students who want to enrol into it. I am also trying to enrol into it tomorrow.

I recall last semester, it initially had 350 spots available, then periodically, it increased to 700 spots.

D94

HSC
N/A
Managed to enrol into it. Also, the server was relatively faster than previous enrollments.

michaeljennings

HSC
Managed to enrol into it. Also, the server was relatively faster than previous enrollments.
yea lol i fniished mine in 6 mins, up from like almsot 2 hours a couple of semesters back. Ended up going with genm0703 instead of phys1160 gonna take astro first sem 2015

heyhsc

HSC
thanks! where did u find the assessment details?
lol I've heard a lot about it as well but i'm not too sure about the assessments, but apparently its a pretty easy course and its all online

I hope it doesn't get filled up before my enrollment appointment :lol:

EDIT: just found this

PHYS1160 Introduction to Astronomy and the Search for Life Elsewhere
The course assessment is composed of participation in discussion groups, in online excercises and in writing an essay. There are also two online tests tha must be completed. This course is taught entirely online on Moodle.

Discussion Group Participation: 26%
Online Exercises: 20%
Essay: 18%
Short Question Test: 12%
Final Test 24%
total: 100%

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah this course seems fun! I am always interested in the universe.. Galaxy... Planet ....and stuff :D

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
heh i actually managed to enrol into it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)