Physics (1 Viewer)

givemealollipop

HSC
Hi guys, :wave: im new here, so bear with me for a bit ;)

Um ive got my Physics yearlies on Monday, and i'm gone :S . I'd be lucky if i passed :S. Can you guys please please pretty please put your phys notes up for the year's stuff?

Also, i need stuff for the prac exams as well- stuff on electricity and Cosmic Engine. Specifically, i'm looking for pracs on Ohm's Law and Hubble's Law

Thanks guys! :)

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
cheak the resources under physics they are quite helpful for last day cramming they are usualy at the end of the 1st module or in the general section
goodluck with it

givemealollipop

HSC
I'm not too sure what you're talking about? Could you please provide the link? :) Thanks.

5233andy

HSC
Well my Physics exam comprised more of worded explanations rather than actual calculations - yes!

On the topic of units, I forgot the darn units for impulse! :mad:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
Well my Physics exam comprised more of worded explanations rather than actual calculations - yes!

On the topic of units, I forgot the darn units for impulse! :mad:
Units for Impulse are just N s

Generally it's not too difficult to remember units...
I almost forgot momentum, however since we all know momentum is mass x veloctiy - you can easily work out that momentum = kgm/s

You can do that with almost all units.

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
Units for Impulse are just N s

Generally it's not too difficult to remember units...
I almost forgot momentum, however since we all know momentum is mass x veloctiy - you can easily work out that momentum = kgm/s

You can do that with almost all units.
I did Ns^-1 :mad1:

But all in all, the calculations weren't difficult at all - good for someone like me who really struggles with 2U maths.

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
That's because now only General Maths is needed in Physics.

I don't think there is any calculus within Physics anymore :(
I love the fact that Physics, nowadays, is not the same as that a few years ago - there's greater emphasis on explanations and the like - yay

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
I love the fact that Physics, nowadays, is not the same as that a few years ago - there's greater emphasis on explanations and the like - yay
I hate it. To me, they've 'stupified phyeeshicks' with the lack of calculations. Now it's only a mere 30% of calculations - I believe it should be at least 50/50.

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
ajdlinux said:
Go physics maths. It's nice 'n easy - just take numbers, put in formula, get answer :p
EXACTLY!!! It's easier for the mind and easier for the hand to be doing calculations, rather than many pages of explanations.

ratcher0071

HSC
the-derivative said:
I hate it. To me, they've 'stupified phyeeshicks' with the lack of calculations. Now it's only a mere 30% of calculations - I believe it should be at least 50/50.

I also want more calculations :D
The physics test was just qualitative nonsense :confused:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Well, I think we did that in (actual) Maths, a long time ago... substituting.

Of course you need to bear in mind that you actually need to know what the formulas do.

ajdlinux said:
Go physics maths. It's nice 'n easy - just take numbers, put in formula, get answer :p

ratcher0071

HSC
jm01 said:
Well, I think we did that in (actual) Maths, a long time ago... substituting.

Of course you need to bear in mind that you actually need to know what the formulas do.
True. Some people know all the formulae, but in the exam, they're like "oh shit, oh shit, which formula do I use "

:D

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
You're right -- There isn't. I guess it's all to do with the fact that they wanted an average science teacher to be able to teach Physics (due to the lack of good Physics teachers) and because they wanted more girls to do the course, which doesn't make much sense because girls would've done the course if they had a genuine interest in it, dumbing it down wont make them more inspired to do Physics.

the-derivative said:
I don't think there is any calculus within Physics anymore :(

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
jm01 said:
You're right -- There isn't. I guess it's all to do with the fact that they wanted an average science teacher to be able to teach Physics (due to the lack of good Physics teachers) and because they wanted more girls to do the course, which doesn't make much sense because girls would've done the course if they had a genuine interest in it, dumbing it down wont make them more inspired to do Physics.
Where'd you get that from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)