Picking up a second subject after a semester/year? (1 Viewer)

cjl247

HSC
Hey guys.
Basically, I've got my sights set on doing Commerce/Arts at USyd... and I've got a fair chance I'll get in (provided my study keeps up and I don't burn out). But this' been bugging me for a while, so I thought I might get if off my chest and ask straight out:

In the case that I make neither Comm/Arts or even straight Comm - is it possible to do Arts alone, and pick up Commerce later (ie. after maintaining a Distinction average or something...)? If so, how soon can this be, and how behind/how much longer would my actual degree take?
I'm not so keen on UNSW, for my own reasons. And my parents would kill me if I went anywhere else (don't ask) :mad:

Like I said, I think I'll get in, but I'm just preparing... for the worst, if you like.

Thanks in advance people!

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Hey guys.
In the case that I make neither Comm/Arts or even straight Comm - is it possible to do Arts alone, and pick up Commerce later (ie. after maintaining a Distinction average or something...)? If so, how soon can this be, and how behind/how much longer would my actual degree take?
I'm not so keen on UNSW, for my own reasons. And my parents would kill me if I went anywhere else (don't ask) :mad:

Like I said, I think I'll get in, but I'm just preparing... for the worst, if you like.

Thanks in advance people!
You should be able to do commerce subjects under your arts degree then transfer a semester/year in if you maintain a GPA of over 5.5 (~65% average.) You won't be behind unless UNSW are jerks.

You seriously need to consider telling your parents to shut the fuck up though and lead your own life - one day you are going to have to so it might aswell be today (might end up as a very poor homeless student though ;).)

cjl247

HSC
You should be able to do commerce subjects under your arts degree then transfer a semester/year in if you maintain a GPA of over 5.5 (~65% average.) You won't be behind unless UNSW are jerks.

You seriously need to consider telling your parents to shut the fuck up though and lead your own life - one day you are going to have to so it might aswell be today (might end up as a very poor homeless student though ;).)
Thanks for the reply.
Hahaha yeah, I've more or less done so, but the brainwashing's set in already. Ah well. Haven't been kicked out yet though, happily ;)

Ah right. How does this actually work? I've already decided upon what majors I wanted to do under Comm/Arts - does this mean in my first year I'll have to sacrifice my major/minor under Arts to make up for the Commerce stuff i want to do?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the reply.
Hahaha yeah, I've more or less done so, but the brainwashing's set in already. Ah well. Haven't been kicked out yet though, happily ;)

Ah right. How does this actually work? I've already decided upon what majors I wanted to do under Comm/Arts - does this mean in my first year I'll have to sacrifice my major/minor under Arts to make up for the Commerce stuff i want to do?
Before you read I don't go to UNSW and have limited information on their courses (was considering going there for awhile):

If you wanted to do say philosophy you would do something like:

First Year:

Second Year:

Third Year:
Not specified on UNSW Handbook Plan - Philosophy - PHILC13403

So you have 4x 'other units' in your first year which I assume can be taken from any school within the uni - you'd want to do the commerce ones which lead to the major you want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)