Pinafores (1 Viewer)

Always

HSC
Who owns one? Or perhaps I should ask, who doesn't?

It seems like this trend has been adopted by the majority of the trendy masses, so much so that it has become a uniform (literally).

The typical pinafore outfit:
- pinafore
- neutral coloured turtleneck or blouse underneath
- tights or leggings
- flats or boots

I see this everywhere these days. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty cute, but it really takes me back to my childhood and also primary school. More so, it is another example of how trends are exploited to death these days.

What do you think of pinafores? Love them? Hate them? ..Couldn't care less? Is it going to be one of those trends we will look back on and grimace with shame?

Visuals from the runway. This is how I like 'em done.

Peter Som

Etro

Moschino

Strenesse

Matthew Williamson

Chloe

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I am already grimacing in shame.

Err.. except for the second one.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
In in the process of making mine own

i really love the kate hurst pinafore its so cute. I never really like the whole pinafore look at first it somehow grew on me.

I think out of the ones you posted im likign the chloe one but makes you look like you are pregnant

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i bought one at cue when they were rather unique at the time, then found a navy one in an op shop (i actually think it was a school pinnie) and slowly stopped wearing them. i do like the dresses over blouses look, but not necessarily pinnies.

ps, moschino...wowzer!

pps, always, where do you find the pics you post? style.com? I always try and post things i see and like but they never transfer.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
on second thought, moschino would also be nice if it didn't have the fluffy ribbon thingy at the front.

still like etro better though

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
eeeeh...i dunno. it's only a good look if you can avoid looking like a twelve year old...plus they bring back memories of those itchy tartan tunics from primary school...so yeah, not really a fan...

HSC
N/A
I like that moschino one, but probably because it looks a lot like a dress.

Personally I'm not too crazy about the whole pinafore thing... if other people like it good for them, but I don't have one and aren't planning on getting one anytime soon.

electropop

HSC
sukiyaki said:
In in the process of making mine own

i really love the kate hurst pinafore its so cute. I never really like the whole pinafore look at first it somehow grew on me.

I think out of the ones you posted im likign the chloe one but makes you look like you are pregnant

Agree with what you said. Pinafores are very adorable!

Always

HSC
^ I'm the opposite. I thought they were cute (and still do) but I'm pretty much sick of seeing them everywhere on everyone - even the old ladies. Seriously, what is up with that.

AlleyCat - pics are from http://www.style.com/fashionshows/

These two have got to be the most common, I see them everywhere, especially the Shakuhachi.

Kate Hurst

Shakuhachi

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i dont like the lover or kate hurst ones but i am partial to the shakuhachi, although before it became the teenage-fashionista-chapel-street uniform.

thanks always, thats an awesome site.

just out of interest katietheskatie, you never seem to be a "fan" of any style of clothes that people suggest. what kind of clothing do you wear?

Skeeta

HSC
i do think they can be very cute, but i'm agreed with Always, as a teen trend they suck - but as individual outfits much better/cuter.

Some 15 year old was wearing one with a regular skivvy, dark stockings, pigtails and mary janes. For about 5 minutes i was debating with myself whether it was her school uniform or some poor attempt at an "uber cool trend"

I'm staying away from them because i know i will look like literaly walked out of the schoolyard. Silly billy tiny person :(

Always

HSC
^ I think they look better on shorter girls, but not with umm...pigtails. Sometimes the tall girls look like they are trying too hard to look cute, and it doesn't really work.

I bought the Kate Hurst pinnie a month ago and I've yet to wear it. What a waste of munnies. :(

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Ive lost my KH pinnie. Its like, somewhere in my house but i cant find it and i cant be bothered looking either. Id say im a victim of the pinafore trend- ive got the Shakuhachi Buddy Print one, a Cue grey one and a Dena Penazzo one. I havent seen THAT many girls do the pinafore look though, i dont know if i pull it off- which i probably dont but i reckon it would look better with just a simple tee underneath or JUST the pinafore itself in Summer, as opposed to the usual pinafores-with-skivvys-under thing. I reckon Pinafores would be better in Summer, rather than winter. Im starting to get slightly sick of it though, its one thing i KNOW i will look back and go wtf?!?!?

Everything i like gets generally overdone once it kicks into the whole trends thing. Or when you start seeing places like Supre embrace them. Ill have to find something else to wear.

Always

HSC
That's what I figured, I'll just wear my pinnie in summer. The problem is it's wool so it might get a bit hot or even itchy. Oh, and it doesn't fit well around the waist and it doesn't sit properly on the hips either. Why did I buy it?

This is what I don't understand. The major fashion shows are in Europe, so it would make sense if these trends start there and everyone in Europe wears them to death. But it doesn't happen. We're the only country who adopts trends such as these and wear them like a uniform. If you go to Europe you'll notice that everyone dresses so differently, they don't all look the same. Sure, each city has its own 'look' but each person has their own style. Why does that not happen in Australia?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I dont like them really. Some of them look okay but I'd NEVER wear one.

vintage.love

HSC
N/A
ive got that Shakuhachi pinny and another black one as well. i havent seen many girls wear it but. like there are some but not that many to turn me off yet. and they're warm with skivvies and coats and stuff in winter. especially when i get sick of wearing jeans. i really like that kate hurst one but i'd look weird in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)