Pioneer DVR-108 Problems (1 Viewer)

ReaveR

HSC
Hey,

Recently my DVR-108 failed to recognise Verbatim DVD-RWs (had no trouble recognising and burning to them previously). Windows says 'insert a disc into drive' and Nero's info box thing says 'There is no disc in the drive'. The DVD would just spin and stop.

Now it can't recognise blank TDK CDRs...makes a godawful sound like it's grinding. it would be the lens moving around and...getting stuck or something...

I have since updated to the latest firmware, but no fixes.

Maybe the lens is dirty? How would I go about cleaning it if this were the case?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
You can get 'cleaning disks' from most computer stores. If that doesn't work, is it still under warranty? It may have failed mechanically.

ReaveR

HSC
I think I'm out by a month.
I'll give the cleaning a go, but it worries me that it grinds when the cds are being put inside. Only blank cds too.

Cheers.

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you hear grinding noises it would definitely be something mechanical, and it'll probably give soon. I would suggest you start looking for a new burner. You can get DVR-109 and DVR-110 for ~$100 anyway.

ReaveR

HSC
Hmm I just put in another blank cdr and it didn't grind or anything. Nero recognised it too. Maybe it was just a bad batch...or posting here scared it into submission :D

Thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)