PIP chapter 1 (1 Viewer)

SuzWooz

HSC
I was wondering if at the beginning of your chapter one you are supposed to restate your introduction?

I dont mean rewrite the whole thing, but you mention again what your topic if about and what your chapters will be able. That type of thing.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I was wondering if at the beginning of your chapter one you are supposed to restate your introduction?

I dont mean rewrite the whole thing, but you mention again what your topic if about and what your chapters will be able. That type of thing.
In short, no. The Introduction is not an intro to your central material, its a introduction to your PIP as a whole including the processes, methodologies, concepts etc.

SuzWooz

HSC
Ok, because im being told by my teacher that i need to rewrite my intro at the start of chapter one. She said that I need to pretend that the person reading my PIP hasnt read my intorduction. So if i rewrite my intro in the 1st chap. then they will understand what they are reading.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Ok, because im being told by my teacher that i need to rewrite my intro at the start of chapter one. She said that I need to pretend that the person reading my PIP hasnt read my intorduction. So if i rewrite my intro in the 1st chap. then they will understand what they are reading.
You really shouldn't be repeating the same things over, this is as the info you put in your Introduction does not belong in the Central Material, they serve completely different purposes. By doing this you would be wasting space in your Central Material and it would not look good.

By all means briefly re-introduce you're thesis as a starting point before you get stuck into your focus questions, but if you began to talk about how you came up with your thesis, what methodologies you decided on and why etc (all things that belong in the introduction and log) you would just be demonstrating that you don't understand how the project is meant to be set out.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. What's in a PIP?
• The introduction (500 words)
A brief description of what the topic is about, why it was chosen, and how it contributes to a better understanding of Society and Culture. It explains and justifies the choice of methodologies and specifies the cross-cultural component.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Central Material (2,500 — 5.000 words)
Containing description and analysis of the research carried out in investigation of the focus question or hypothesis. May include photos, tables or graphs, but these must be labeled and incorporated into the text through discussion. Must contain a cross-cultural perspective.

[/FONT]How to create a fantastic PIP[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

This should also help
Guide to the Writing of the PIP

Last edited:

0hNivlek

HSC
Woah, lucky i came into this thread. I need to fix my introduction a bit up now.

SuzWooz

HSC
I was actually arguing with my teacher about what she was saying. It didnt sound right, and i just wanted to get someone else's opinion. Thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)