pip ideas (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
hey pplz
im in yr 11 & just wonderin if ne1 has ne ideas for the PIP 4 next yr

i was tinkin bout doin sumtin on d way the media can infulence us(views/perceptions, stereotypes, etc) or how d net has become d modern man's 'swiss arm knife' (we can do basically everytin usin it) but im not sure...dunno if i can get d info 4 it

can ne1 help?

lose control

pip

i had the same problem of picking an idea... i changed about 3 times and then only gave myself 3months, but my teacher loved it...
someone in my class actually did that topic (the media one) you were talking about, so my guess is that it is pretty popular.. maybe try something a bit more "personal"
think of things you're really passionate about......

alby

cool duckie
HSC
thanx 4 d advice guys

now i've gotta simplify it 4 mah teacher..i tink she wants me 2 look @ only a few (3 or so) areas where d net is used..i was tinkin bout lookin @ how d 13-25yo ppl use it.....but im not 2 sure wat topics i could look @ 4 dis study

i've got chattin/communication wit othas (ie msg boards)
ne otha ideas?

J

jhakka

I've got nothing! Jeez!

I'm thinking something about behaviour modification, but I dunno. If I get real desperate I'll do punks or goths. Haha.

PoKiE

hey
im supposed to come up with an idea for my PIp by next week and im so screwd i woouldnt have a clue wot to do the only thing i can think of is " Contrast between the sterotypical aussie and the sterotypical Irish " thats not even really a topic and i dont know where i would go with that. Im already hating yr 12 and ive onbly been in it for 1 week!! does ne one have any of their rejected ideas they wanna throw at me for ideas???

J

jhakka

The difference between butter and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

I dunno. I don't even have an idea of my own yet.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
hahahahah rofl

how about 'what the k in kmart actually stands for'

can we write a book on that?

J

jhakka

Assuming the book is about.... one page I think we could manage it.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
hmmm..

Why is Asian parents place so much emphasis on the HSC?
OR
How is law the driving force of change?
OR
Why is selective school place so much emphasis on HSC results?
OR
Is it too much Reality TV already?
OR
Why is Australian so good at sport?
OR
Queen or Independence - The reasons why.

I can't think right now. Maybe next time I 'll give you more idea.

swangal

i did reality tv -real or not? and how reality tv is basically all just contrived crap for show offs and attention seekers...but everyone stil watches it, evern though its nothing like reality at all.
my fisrt choice was to do though
"is tony lockett a god?" and compare/contrast peoples idolising and worship of sporting/other heroes to that of people's following of religions.
Just do something ur interested in ...otherwise the PIP will suck majorly for u n it will become a major weight on ur head all year if u choose a topic u find mildly boring.

MonKazzar

HSC
Heyy,

Although I've no idea what to do a pip on,
The majority of pip's I've read usually are about Emo's, Goth's, Stereotypes, Multicultralism and pop culture trends :)

Haha Good luck guys?

asylumgirl

HSC
hey guys im new,
im doing my pip on womens sleeze culture ( as my teachers put it) and how it creates over sexual behaviour in younger girls.

HSC
'Why is Australian so good at sport?'

Now that just sounds too braggy, dosen't it?

There are some pretty bad pip ideas drawing from this thread, no offence...
but the truth/reality is, markers want to see something that is PERSONAL to you that you're INTERESTED in.

And a lot of you seem to be interested and all, but another aspect you have to consider is...the CROSS CULTURAL COMPONENT. How are you going to incorporate that?

Oh, and also, how you're going to execute your project. Ideas and such. Is it deep enough to do a good job (on it)???:S

my SOC teacher is a marker and he said the pips he never wants to mark again are the ones about tattoos, piercings, cars, islam(sorry), tweenies and body image. There are more, of course, because he rants on every lesson about the pips that he'd hated. So, do something like..educational...

Don't worry if you feel really sht about not being able to think of a 'right' pip topic....i had to run through like 20 in the last year with him until he agreed with one. ONE. And i havent even really started.

and my pip topic is.... changing roles of mothers. sounds pretty bland, but i'm sure i can make it interesting :)

melross

HSC
N/A
hey people

new to this whole thing

umm had an idea

thinking of doing something on how people are working longer because they cant afford to retire

really broad atm but its just an idea

let me know what you think

any tips lol

thanks x

BlytheChloe

HSC
The changing role of mothers is a great topic because you already have that cross-cultural aspect of gender and it's contemporary because the role of fathers is changing with it.

I would think with superannuation and all that people can afford to retire.

Those who can't are those who began work before supperannuation was introduced.

I think there are other factors why people are working longer, like health. People generally have better health and live longer today and can perform the roles of their job longer than say 30 years ago?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)