PIP is Due in soon!!! (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks people, lol, i can't believe people are not calling my topic boring, but ultimately it's up to the markers.

Would you be the same person if your father was not around, the answer is "no" after conducting scoial and cultural research :)
However, people do overcome this tragedy of not having a father and become a strong, and determined person.

WilRic

HSC
N/A
I was just pointing out that due to the nature of PIP topics some of them are rather obvious when you step back objectively and look at the proposed question.
of course, they're usually the one's that are easiest to do since the answer to the hypothesis is allready really "known" :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i found your comment extremely rude, WilRic. What is your problem and what is YOUR hypothesis?? Why don't you share it with me and let me criticise it, huh??

krissy7685

come on guys settle

the pips over and done with..

survivor - i think the father topic is an extremely good topic to do.. and its not easy because every pip has to have good backing in order for it to be a well structured integrated pip...

Wilric -
it doesnt matter how easy or how hard the question is.. u need to support it with your methodologies etc etc..
i think the comment was a bit harsh..
what was your topic on.. im sure we would all like to know

and as spin said its not a thesis.. :D

especially with the work that survivor put into it

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
at least we have SOME scoially and culturally literate students around here, unlike SOME opinionated people who doesn't even deserved to do society and culture at all.
Thanks krissy7685, your comment is appreciated :) you are a typical socially and cultureally literated young citizen

WilRic

HSC
N/A
I know, I know, it's not a postgrad thesis, and it's all about the research, not the topic. Perhaps the "duh" was a bit too harsh, my apologies :)
However as a matter of simple logic of course you wouldn't be "the same person" if your father wasn't around. Much in the same way you wouldn't be "the same person" if your parents had a different shade of hair colour, or you lived in one-story house instead of a two-story. But I guess it's how you research that conclusion and analyse the specific impacts such changes have which is important.
As for my topic, don't worry, it's as self-serving and obvious as many others. I guess I'm just sick of the PIP and those "PIP Topics", so my apologies once again :)

Anyway; my topic for everyone to criticise was :-
---
"To what extent (if any) has the impact of rapid technological development over the last 30 years changed adolescent social interaction? -

In order to facilitate the answering of this question, the report will be required to investigate three additional concepts.

A. To what extent are current adolescents occupying their time with emerging technologies in contrast to social activities engaged in by adolescents 15-30 years ago when these technologies were not available?

B. Do these technologies cause a decrease (or possible increase) in adolescent social interaction overall, or are emerging technologies merely supplementing previous methods of social interaction?

C. Depending on the results of question B How has any change affected the adolescent subculture, and in particular the way in which they socially behave with each other."
---
Obvious, longwinded, wordy and crap. I'm just glad it's over ... especially since I started it three days before it was due :)

legally_blonde

god i am so glad mine is in! :D
mine was "percieved Christian and Buddhist themes within 'The Matrix'"
i found it pretty interesting actually

and worth getting no sleep on the sunday night before it was due! :)

btw hi everyone i am new here... ha ha ha

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
EVERYONE, YOUR PIP WILL BE MARKED from the beginning of this SATURDAY! Good luck!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I heard the PIP will be all marked by next tuesday, i there are a lot of great PIP so far (from what my teacher has told us). He gave a few 30/30 too :)
then of course, it can't be me...*sighs*

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Bringing you update with the PIP, it's officially all being marked.
Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get a Band 6 :D

Last edited:

j0

haha wanna find out if he's marked mine? and slip him some money if he is marking it ;)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
erhm.......you know that's impossible right? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)