PIP-Offeneding the markers (1 Viewer)

SAC-PIP

HSC
Hello everyone...i am doing my PIP on 'Where has the P gone from PIP' and it is basically about how you have to be concious about what you write in your PIP, as it may affect your mark because you have offened the marker.....If anyone has anystories or thoughts on it plz help!

SAC-PIP

HSC
Well my PIP forfills the syllubus, but i had a pip topic and i changed it because my SAC teacher told me that, my views and judgements would offend people, so thats why i am trying to see if other have smilar experience, if they didnt write their own personal views into any major work, can be 4 unit english, because they were fearful that they would offend the marker....

Any thoughts??

Kulazzi

HSC
that is a thoughtful topic but I'm not sure if it goes with the syllabus, as someone else mentioned above.

Continuity and Change?
Time?
Cross-cultural perspective? May fit in with this one

You're going to have to find someone that did their PIP within the early years it was introduced, find someone who did it halfway, and find someone who did theirs just recently if you want to compare continuity and change and time.

It sounds good but I don't think you'll get much out of it.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I pretty much agree with Kulazzi. What do you get out from doing this PIP topic? How will this reflect your social and cultural literacy?

SAC-PIP

HSC
I think my PIP title has created a bit of confusion and i now i see i need to alter it about....My true intentions dont really circle around my PIP, but it is about-Political Correctness in my mirco world, and its greater affect on the Marco Society....I believe that Political Correctness has gone too far, and is hindering our personal views in what we write and speak about in our macro worlds

Kulazzi

HSC
ok, so this is not about the PIP topic anymore, as your title suggested? So now you're doing political correctness (PC)? What do you mean by PC? How does it get involved in your micro world? Doesn't personal views relate to your micro world, and not the macro?

sounds better than the PIP topic. :uhhuh:

Jeza

HSC
Yeah it it be hard in terms of linking to course concepts, and appropriate methodologies. But I have heard a similiar story. My friend was doing Pedifilia but because our school was a catholic school the principal censored her topic forcing her to change it. if yu want more info just say.

You could talk about Power and Authority like how Teens voices are not heard in a contemporary setting but if you were discussing how there is no P in A PIP, you would be digging a grave as many PIPS that are submitted are indeed Personal.

Hope that helps

Kulazzi

HSC
Jeza said:
but if you were discussing how there is no P in A PIP, you would be digging a grave as many PIPS that are submitted are indeed Personal.

Hope that helps
And also to go to the extent of finding past students who did it (and which you know better than I do) will be a waste of time because by the time they leave high school, they don't give a damn about their PIP anymore, it was just a project that had to be done, and therefore they won't be able to give much feeback on it and most probably won't remember it because they have moved on with their life.

[SIZE=-2](Damn, I should do psychology! :p)[/SIZE]

nahian

HSC
One of the worst PIP ideas yet...It may be original but has little to no relevancy in fulfilling the outcomes+criteria of the PIP

TheVoodooChild

HSC
Idno, I'm all for it. If you can make it fufill the requirements... and it sounds like you can.... then why not? I think it sounds great. and I know plenty of people whose Pip projects impacted apon their lives. Did you hear about that guy who studied buddhism and then because of it, became buddhist?

Nah, I'm sure you'll do fine. And I know what you mean. Political correctness has gone a bit too far. I mean, sure you've got to keep an eye on social literacy, but sometimes its just a bit...idno... extreme.

What was your origional PIP gonna be about?

parnell8

HSC
Kulazzi said:
And also to go to the extent of finding past students who did it (and which you know better than I do) will be a waste of time because by the time they leave high school, they don't give a damn about their PIP anymore, it was just a project that had to be done, and therefore they won't be able to give much feeback on it and most probably won't remember it because they have moved on with their life.

[SIZE=-2](Damn, I should do psychology! :p)[/SIZE]
no u should do physcology think bout it u finshed urs like 4 yr ago n ur still here givin advice from experience n ur prob one of the most influencial ppl on the s+c threads.

and this is one of the most extensive pieces of work that sum1 will eva do. how often in life do u do a 5000 word reasearch that everythin u do is ur choice and is this meaninful yeh sure u do 5000 word essays at uni but there set out for u n its not greatly meaninful its sumthin ur told to do where as we choose wat to do in this case.

i personally will not be throwin myn away unless i end up wit a terrible final copy n if i did i would prob fix it later on in life just so i feel fullfilled. it isnt just sumthin u forgot and if u do im sure readin it ova would bring bak alot n just from readin it alone would give insight to wether it was personal. for example if its on surfin culture n the person has neva been in surf culture then its evident it isnt 100% personal poor example i no but off top of me head

question did u end up doin this topic just a question n how did u end up goin wit it

Last edited:

Amy-ish

HSC
A few years back, a student did a a PIP titled
'The PIP is a joke' or something along those lines
The teacher can't find a copy at the moment
But all I was told was that they were only a few marks away from getting full marks

parnell8

HSC
Amy-ish said:
A few years back, a student did a a PIP titled
'The PIP is a joke' or something along those lines
The teacher can't find a copy at the moment
But all I was told was that they were only a few marks away from getting full marks
it was titled "Is the pip a joke? mine is!"

if it same one it didnt merit so it wasnt in top 10 so it would be bit off full marks

i was lookin at topics n i saw that one n it didnt merit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)