PIP Questionairre - Effects of Fast Food Advertising on Teenagers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura898

HSC
Hey everyone,
my PIP topic this year is 'The Effects of Fast Food Advertising on Teenagers'
It would be an immense help if you cared to fill it out. I am more than happy to
reciprocate if you have a questionairre that needs filling out.

Thank you,
Laura
:)

edit: this survey is no longer required to be filled out after 25th April 2009.
again, thank you!!

Society and Culture Survey
The Effects of Fast Food Advertising on Teenagers

How often do you buy fast food?
- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit?
What form of fast food advertising do you view the most?
-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

Has a fast food advertisement specifically persuaded you to buy a certain product? If so, what product?

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) do you think is the most effective in targeting teenagers? Why do you think it is effective?

Do you feel that teenagers are easily swayed by fast food advertising? If so, what is it about that advertising that affects them?

Are there any fast food advertisements that you feel are particularly effective in making you want to buy a product? Are there any that you feel make you don’t want to buy a product?

Last edited:

iloveapple

HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

Really depends on my mood and how stressed i am. I tend to buy maccas to reward myself after a stressful week on a friday. so i'd say... once every 2-3 weeks?

maccas

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

the mags i read (cosmo/cleo) don't advertise fast food. i haven't seen any advertising via net, heard any on the radio, but i ALWAYS see maccas ads when i watch sytycd once a week :) so television!

Has a fast food advertisement specifically persuaded you to buy a certain product? If so, what product?
No. it hasn't persuaded me to buy any products, however, it has informed me of certain 'deals' that are out, that i hence go buy. for example, the maccas snack wrap. saw it on tv, that informed me that there was a not-too-fattening choice (seared chicken available!) snack for two bucks, so i bought it the next week.

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) do you think is the most effective in targeting teenagers? Why do you think it is effective?
no one takes much notice of billboards imo. and i don't listen to the radio much, coz i've gotten my ipod, and i imagine many teens are the same. i'd say television is the best medium. i tend to flip over any magazine ads without looking at them, anyway.

Do you feel that teenagers are easily swayed by fast food advertising? If so, what is it about that advertising that affects them?
no i don't think so. i think that fast food advertising informs people of products that they might then be interested it, but teens aren't really persuaded.

Are there any fast food advertisements that you feel are particularly effective in making you want to buy a product? Are there any that you feel make you don’t want to buy a product?
well, teens obviously don't have a lot of money, so when ads like hungry jacks have those 'stunner deals' it's kind of like, wow, five bucks can buy an entire meal! maybe i should try that some day! but then they show you footage of the meat patty sizzling with oil and and that kind of entices you, but also contradicts with your healthy side. =)
maccas ads all have very light and bright colour palettes these days, with light music, which therefore infers that their food is healthy and fresh. i think that's clever advertising.

hope i helped and GL with your pip :)

laura898

HSC
thank you!!!!

:D

interesting point about the cost. i hadn't actually thought of that before.

samthebear

HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit? I dont buy fast food

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

Has a fast food advertisement specifically persuaded you to buy a certain product? If so, what product? Not that i can think of so - no.

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) do you think is the most effective in targeting teenagers? Why do you think it is effective? probably TV - because there is the visual and auditory enticement with adds on TV.

Do you feel that teenagers are easily swayed by fast food advertising? If so, what is it about that advertising that affects them? I have no idea. i know i'm not swayed at all - but i cant speak for everyone else.

Are there any fast food advertisements that you feel are particularly effective in making you want to buy a product? Are there any that you feel make you don’t want to buy a product? Well i havent really felt like eating or buying any fast food for years but if you want to consider fast food and adds, i suppose drink adds count? well if it does the last time an add made me want to buy its product was when i saw the add for Nestle ice-tea (Cool your world add)
I just generally dont like fast food lol, when i see an add on for fast food i just go "ugh." i think i've conditioned myself to hate fast food.

laura898

HSC
thank you!

and yes i am including drink ad's at this point in my research. I may decide to cut it out later on if I find I have too much.

thanks again :D

Weddas

Cooking Up a Storm
HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

Maccas or KFC
-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

yes when Maccas statred giveing the "Add Bacon for $1.00" that made me not only add bacon when i go to get food but to try bacon on different types of food.

I personally think that it is just the signs beside the road for example "(Add Fast Food Resterant Name Here) in 2km open 24H"
with the people driveing by that will make then start to think that they are infact hungery but food is close

No
because we are just like adults, it is not a age issue it is a culture issue.

No

Hope That Helps :headbang:

laura898

HSC
No.
because we are just like adults, it is not a age issue it is a culture issue. ]

Weddas, what do you mean by culture issue?

and yes it was helpful!!

thank you!!!

Duffman0

Kick ass, chew bubblegum.
HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
]- Once a month
- Never

Hmmm. Probably subway. Though, if that doesn't count...well, possibly KFC.

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

Has a fast food advertisement specifically persuaded you to buy a certain product? If so, what product? No.

Television - multimedia is a hard hitting winner.

I see an alarming increase in the way advertisments sway children (those children are now 13-15) and it's effect is astronomical for the most part. I think it's the bright colours, the implied promises, the "associations" with the item being sold (cool, tasty, LIMITED TIME ONLY!!111!!one!1)

Most adds make me steer clear because of the depths to which they sink to sell their product.

[/quote]

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
The Effects of Fast Food Advertising on Teenagers​

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit? kfc, maccas, subway

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

Has a fast food advertisement specifically persuaded you to buy a certain product? If so, what product? not especially, only general desire to try certain stores.

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) television - most teens watch every day, thus huge exposure.

Do you feel that teenagers are easily swayed by fast food advertising? If so, what is it about that advertising that affects them? incredibly 'tantalising' appearance of food.

Are there any fast food advertisements that you feel are particularly effective in making you want to buy a product? Are there any that you feel make you don’t want to buy a product? i often want to buy burgers i see on ads, only occassionally will i ever act on it though.

Weddas

Cooking Up a Storm
HSC
Weddas, what do you mean by culture issue?

and yes it was helpful!!

thank you!!!
because we are a people that no longer have much time, so insted of eating at a real resteraunt we tend to go through drive through and eat while we are doing other things. and if we do have time we are just to lazy to bother making food, cleaning up, puting stuff away, when we can go and pay 2 5 dollers for food somewhere else.

jana--x

HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit? at the moment, probably kfc

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify - Games, like guitar hero, everytime i play it i always see the face of the guy that invented kfc XD

Yeah, the kfc kebab that they advertise. or when a meal has a really good price like i remember ages ago that mcdonalds advertised the $5 feed. it was awesome but unhealthy :(

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) do you think is the most effective in targeting teenagers? Why do you think it is effective? Television is a definite. It's really effective because since i got to an all girls school, many people watch home and away and most of the commercials in between are mostly about mcdonalds, kfc, subway and pizza hut ==" i avoid the tv to avoid hunger of fast food.

Yes they are easily swayed because the food is shown perfectly on tv and the people in those commercials actually eat those products D: so in our minds we think "aww i want some.." and then we go out the next day and buy it lol

All fast food advertisments are effective. They just convince you to buy yummy food that isn't good for you. Certain jingles just get you behind the lines of kfc, mcdonalds etc stores. I guess media has just persuaded teenagers too much

laura898

HSC
because we are a people that no longer have much time, so insted of eating at a real resteraunt we tend to go through drive through and eat while we are doing other things. and if we do have time we are just to lazy to bother making food, cleaning up, puting stuff away, when we can go and pay 2 5 dollers for food somewhere else.
thanks a lot :D

and thanks to everyone else too xD

Crashy19

HSC

Once a week

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit? McDonalds. And Kebab shops i guess

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-other people talking about it

nope, not really i dont think. like the advertisements i see/hear are generally focused on the company rather than a specific product. and then, if they are I tune out because I hate the way they talk up 'new' things on the menu when they aren't really that different

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) do you think is the most effective in targeting teenagers? Why do you think it is effective? Television and or internet because that is where most teenagers spend their time. billboards on the road- either not driving and not recognising the signs or just started driving and must concentrate on the road. Televison just proves to be the most effective means.Then again, radio works for those that listen to it while doing daily activities.

Do you feel that teenagers are easily swayed by fast food advertising? If so, what is it about that advertising that affects them? Yes. Bright colours, effective use of sound and images and enticing 'products' (using words such as succulent, delicious, juicy etc)

Are there any fast food advertisements that you feel are particularly effective in making you want to buy a product? Are there any that you feel make you don’t want to buy a product? As I stated before, the whole talking up of a particular product (Hungry Jacks comes to mind) make me avoid buying their things. Not particuarly avoiding the organisation, just the specified product, I feel I don't want to be part of the 'masses'.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC

- Once a week
KFC because that is where I work... + McDonalds and Subway.
-Television

Yes. I found out about Subway subs on television I think.

Television, but I think the type of advertising and what the advertisement is saying is more of a factor than the medium on which it is presented

I think the images of food and the repetition of the adverts are particularly effective. Low fat foods but high quantity are appealing to me eg subway.

Yes, advertisements that scream are a turn off. Foods that look extremely fatty aren't attractive.
</SPAN>

HSC

once a fortnight

Pizza Huts & chinese restaurants

-Television

No

television, because the visuals and imagesmakes it more appealing

Yes, how they empasise how delicious it is which appeals to their taste & hunger

Not that i can think of.

nelsoni

HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

I don't buy fast food

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

When I was younger, advertisements on TV, especially for McDonalds influenced me to want to buy it. The whole idea of having a Happy Meal with a toy was a big influence.

Probably TV, as it's viewed the most, and we don't really realise.

I would say that children are probably swayed more than teenagers, but i do agree that they are swayed. Fast food chains that make their food look "healthy" in comparison to Big Macs are probably enticing to teenagers.

McDonalds is probably the most successful, but as I don't eat fast food, I don't really experience this.
</SPAN>

iNerd

Banned
HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

i don't visit

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

not particularly. cause I'm a health freak and like my body in a particular way and i also love sports.

to be honest, me and my friends were talking about it, and we thought that is was all useless. maybe for those naive people?

no.

i think the subway $7 one is good, although it's not fast food. but i hate it when they make fast food seem like GOOD food. buy this vegetarian hamburger totally HEALTHY ... sif.

HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit? Mcdonalds

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

No advertising doesn't persuade me, however as a few people have stated, the food you order also depends on your mood.

Television, everyone basically watches it.

Yes, the techniques employed by the producers to lure the customers into buying the product, ie: the mood it creates, background music... etc

Do: thorough description of product..

HSC

- Once a day
- Few times a week
- Once a week
- Once a month
- Never

What fast food restaurant do you frequently visit? I don't really frequently visit any fast food restaurant

-Television
-Radio
-Billboards
-Internet
-Magazines
- Other, please specify

Has a fast food advertisement specifically persuaded you to buy a certain product? If so, what product? No

What medium of fast food advertising (ie. television, radio, billboards etc.) do you think is the most effective in targeting teenagers? Why do you think it is effective? Youtube promotoions: most people seem to go online for everything nowadays

Do you feel that teenagers are easily swayed by fast food advertising? If so, what is it about that advertising that affects them? No, because if we don't like something then we won't eat it, regardless of who or what is behind it.

Are there any fast food advertisements that you feel are particularly effective in making you want to buy a product? No Are there any that you feel make you don’t want to buy a product? Not really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)