pip survey, fill in if you wanna help me with major work! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swalls

HSC
This survey assists me with my personal interest project that counts for 30% of my HSC mark in society and culture. Please consider your answers carefully and answer seriously.

Do you feel comfortable when communicating with the opposite sex? Why/why not
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you find it easier to communicate with a member of the same sex? Yes/no

Why/Why not?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you believe that males and females have different styles of communication? Yes/no

If yes what differences have you noticed? (Comment upon each of the following areas if relevant)

Body language
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Openness to display emotions
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Common topics of conversation in small groups

Common topics of conversation in public

Level of comfort in speaking in front of a large group

Other/explain

Thankyou for your help and cooperation.

swalls

HSC
Re: pip survey

pip survey, fill in if you wanna help me with major work!

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC

Do you feel comfortable when communicating with the opposite sex? Why/why not:
Yes. Because I can speak good english.

Do you find it easier to communicate with a member of the same sex?
No.

Why not?
People from the opposite sex can speak english just as well as people from the same sex.

Do you believe that males and females have different styles of communication?
No.

Now give me $100.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC

Yes, usually. Depending on whether I feel comfortable with that person based on me already knowing them or first impressions.

Yes

Why/Why not?
Female on female is usually a lot easier due to a mutual connection and understanding.

Yes, for sure.

If yes what differences have you noticed? (Comment upon each of the following areas if relevant)

Body language

Males may be more reserved while females tend to express themselves more fluently in relation to body language.

Once again, males may be more reserved when emotions are involved (embarrassment, sadness, anger), whereas females are stereotypically labelled to openly display emotions.

Other people (i.e through gossip), things in magazines, school subjects and topics, relationships and sex.

Whatever is on one's mind.

Miniscule. Very much so.

Good luck, Xx :)

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

yes, their just people.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why/Why not?
_guys dont deconstruct everything you say, and dont hold grudges______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you believe that males and females have different styles of communication? Yes/no

Body language
women are far more descreet and particular with their body language, i think their very aware of it and and the way it can impact what you are saying. As far as ive seen, men either dont care or dont notice their body language.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i believe women are far more open to this, but then again, who knows what happens between men when women arnt around...

men : football
women: shopping

men: shopping
women: football

i dont think this is really gender relevant, more of a personality thing.

Other/explain

Cerry

HSC

Depends, just like when I'm talking to other girls. There are some people I'm never going to be comfortable talking to, and others who I will, it's more a personality thing than anything else

Do you find it easier to communicate with a member of the same sex? Yes

Why/Why not?
I tend to find that girls understand things better than guys, when it comes to understanding some concepts, especially more abstract things. Also, I go to an all girls school, and it makes you realise that between girls, no topic is sacred. I'm now really conscious of the fact that guys will get kinda creeped out by some stuff that we consider normal, so I tend to be a lot ore aware of what I'm saying to them, which kind of stilts (for want of a better word) the conversation.

Do you believe that males and females have different styles of communication? Yes

Body language
I've noticed that girls have more of a tendancy to gesticulate when they're talking. Also, we tend to be a lot more aware of body language - most girls tend to notice if someone tenses up when a certain topic is mentioned more than guys (not that that's always going to make us shut up, mind you)

Girls tend to be a lot more willing to cry in front of their friends. In fact, they'll often go and find a friend to cry with, which most guys wouldn't do. And we bitch about stuff more, which means that things get out in the open more easily.

I don't really know what guys talk about in small groups when we're not around, but I'm fairly sure that they don't talk about their new bras/how they need to get new bras/their insane PMS inflicted chocolate craving. I don't think guys tend to find out as much about each other's girlfriends as we do about each other's boyfriends, either

I think both groups tend to talk about fairly generic stuff, which interests as many people in the group as possible. So movies, music, what people are doing on the weekend etc.

That's more a personality thing than anything else, I think. But the guys I did drama with last year were a lot less concerned about looking like idiots than most of the females I know, so public speaking probably doesn't seem as daunting for them.

HSC

yes, their just people.

Why/Why not?
guys dont deconstruct everything you say

Body language
both men and women use body language both on a subconconsious and conconsious level

women are more open in public about displaying thier emtions but who knows wat happnens behind close doors for men :p

men : sex and every day things and occurances lol and musculanity and feminity hahahahaha
women: the curren guy they like and new clothes they wanna buy

men: same as above just perhaps a bit less low key
women: everything

more of a personality thing.

Other/explain

ellenmarbie

HSC

yes, because i have grown up in a male dominated household, having older brothers and male cousins, whose friends frequently linger at my home.

Do you find it easier to communicate with a member of the same sex? no

Why/Why not?
in some ways it is easier to communicate with the same sex, as such private things occur that only the same sex can identify. but i find that it can be easier to confide to a male, as females frequently gossip infront of larger groups. males also may have different perspectives upon views that may be discussed.

Do you believe that males and females have different styles of communication? yes

Body language
-

besides the occassional emo boy, girls do often have moodswings more open and shown in the public eye and is more of a sulk than anger, where as males usually get angry when having a moodswing, both however openly express happiness!

boys often talk about their penis's, although usually being a joke, other times they do not talk, they are too distracted by kicking a ball at someones head. females do often gossip in small groups.

i think this is equal

i think this is equal

Other/explain

vnaidu26th

HSC
Please see attachment for my questionnaire if you could please help by filling it out. Won't take long and its about Celebrities and their "double standards" in the legal system.

Please post answered questionnaire to vnaidu261090@hotmail.com

jessyy

HSC

Do you feel comfortable when communicating with the opposite sex?
yes

Why/why not
guys arnt as judgemental and are easy to get along with, but it also depends on their personality

in a way, yes.

Why/Why not?
its far easier to discuss personal things with a female.

yes

Body language
guys are more relaxed, females can be uptight.

depends on the person and the relationship shared.

depends

depends

i think both guys and girls are both comfortable talking in front of a large group, but once again it depends on personality.

(just personally i didnt like this questionaire and i believe you should have set it out in a different way. no offence intended)

jenna17

HSC

yes sometimes, if they are close friends yes, but not new people ________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

Why/Why not?
yes, i guess you might have more in common __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

Do you believe that males and females have different styles of communication? Yes/no yes

Body language
boys use actions alot more, whereas girls use words more then actions __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

boys dont feel comfortable to show emotions, and girls do __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

boys probably talk more about sport and common things, and girls tend to gossip and talk about personal issues __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

probably the same __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

depends on the person, but boys tend to be more loud and outspoken __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Other/explain
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

chikabOo

HSC

Yes ! i dont go out of my way to talk to them but when i do i talk to them like id talk to a girl ive first met. It can be awkward i mean if the guy comes across in an unfriendly manner but other than that, im all good wit the opposite sex

Yes
Why/Why not?
Yes. Girls, seems like their not judging you whereas guys, sometimes i feel they come across like that.

Yes

Body language
Girls are less tense and

Guys tend to not display emotion, like they are obliged to remain "NORMAL" whereas girls tend to do all the EMOTION WORK !

everything .

small talk. how are you ? sports? girls ? hehe

guys tend to be more shy then girls are

vnaidu26th

HSC
Hollywood vs. Average Joes
Does the punishment fit the crime?

This questionnaire will help both parties learn. You may learn more about the legal system, Hollywood stars and the unwritten advantage that the famous people have over average people, and I will learn about other people’s perspectives on this topic.

Please do not write your name anywhere on this questionnaire as it is to be anonymous. Also, answer to the best of your abilities and feel free to answer only those questions you feel comfortable with. I appreciate your time and effort.

1. Age: 10-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60+

2. Gender: Male Female

3. Do you believe that famous or rich people get let off easier than average people in the legal system? Why / why not?

4. Do you believe that people who see celebrities getting let off easy when breaking the law will act with less regard for consequences?

5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much influence do you think celebrities have on people’s actions?

1______2______3______4______5______6______7______8______9_____10
No influence Very influential

6. Do you believe that this influence is mostly positive or negative? Why?

7. Do you believe celebrities have an influence on your actions, choices and views? How?

8. Do you think that some celebrities’ legal issues are given too much coverage by the media?
No
Rarely
Sometimes
Mostly
Yes

9. Do you think that famous people get let off easier because of their ability to hire better legal representation?
Yes
No
Sometimes

10. Do you believe that everyone should have the same equally high standard of legal representation? If yes, why?

Comments:
Thankyou for your time

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
This survey assists me with my personal interest project that counts for 30% of my HSC mark in society and culture. Please consider your answers carefully and answer seriously.

Usually. I used to not, but I grew out of it.

Why/Why not?
It's less likely that I will feel uncomfortable with a female, and also less likely that I will develop a crush on them. I just find girls easier to talk to and find that I have more in common with them.

Usually, no (we all talk, yeah.) But I guess the inferred meanings are often different: what's implied by body language and nuances tends to differ.

Body language
Hold themselves differently, often use different/ more gestures

Differs from guy to guy, just like it does from girl to girl.

Tends to be the same as with girls when in mixed groups, and in all-guy groups it depends on th guys.

Differs from guy to guy, but most seem to be more comfortable making total idiots of themselves in public as it's funny when a guy does it and rarely so when a girl does it.

Other/explain
Guys are not capable of whispering properly.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
vnaidu26th said:
Hollywood vs. Average Joes
Does the punishment fit the crime?

This questionnaire will help both parties learn. You may learn more about the legal system, Hollywood stars and the unwritten advantage that the famous people have over average people, and I will learn about other people’s perspectives on this topic.

Please do not write your name anywhere on this questionnaire as it is to be anonymous. Also, answer to the best of your abilities and feel free to answer only those questions you feel comfortable with. I appreciate your time and effort.

1. Age: 10-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60+

2. Gender: Male Female

3. Do you believe that famous or rich people get let off easier than average people in the legal system? Why / why not?

4. Do you believe that people who see celebrities getting let off easy when breaking the law will act with less regard for consequences?

5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much influence do you think celebrities have on people’s actions?

1______2______3______4______5______6______7______8______9_____10
No influence Very influential

6. Do you believe that this influence is mostly positive or negative? Why?

7. Do you believe celebrities have an influence on your actions, choices and views? How?

8. Do you think that some celebrities’ legal issues are given too much coverage by the media?
No
Rarely
Sometimes
Mostly
Yes

9. Do you think that famous people get let off easier because of their ability to hire better legal representation?
Yes
No
Sometimes

10. Do you believe that everyone should have the same equally high standard of legal representation? If yes, why?

Comments:
Thankyou for your time

Go to the PIP survey section. Click on forum tools. Get your own thread. No one is going to find your survey in the midst of all the others.

Delinda

HSC

Of course, i have no reason not to feel comfortable

Do you find it easier to communicate with a member of the same sex?Yes/no

Why/Why not?
Depending on my relationship with them, but we usually have more things in common

Body language
Guys usually use more gestures and are not as open to being as touchy feely. Where as girls will often greet both guys and girls with kisses on the cheek, hugs etc.

Guys usually present emotions in a form of violence, where as girls display it more openly... and yes we do cry more easily.

With girls everything from guys, clothes/shopping, sex, and yes i will admit it guys... we do talk about your penis size and how good you were in bed. With guys... i have no idea, my guess is sex/girls, alcohol,etc

Girls... anything, everything, current events general life stuff.
Guys... whatever comes to mind.

Guys tend to make more of a joke about things, where as girls take things more seriously. (depending on the conversation)

Other/explain
From experience i have come to realise that after a weekend or party the only topic of conversation with guys is how drunk they were and what girl/s they were with... and they are open to tell anyone.

Capoeira

HSC
Female
yes, its not a big deal i dont understand why you would be uncomfortable, They're just boys!!
No, im just as comfortable with my male friends as with my female friends because im pretty open and i am not worried about them judgine me, if they're my mate, then they're my mate no mater weather they're boy or girl.
Yes totally boys grunt and say stupid things and girls gossip and bitch, also girls can put on that stupid ooooohhh hhiiiiiiii hooooowww arrrrrreee yooooooouuu voice where boys generally talk normaly, boys also tend to pay out on you more.

body langaue; depends on individualls i dont think its something that can be generalised.
emotions; girls are more open.
common topics; girls talk about other girls, boys, food music sex antything.
boys talk about bongs and sex and music.
In group; totally dependent on the person and the group.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC

Yes, because they're people too and they either don't smell as bad as guys or they wear perfume and their presence is not intimidating at all.
They like to talk a lot too which is great.

It depends on the person.
Usually I only communicate easily with the same gender regarding formal, academic or official matters.
I only communicate with friends at the same level as girls.

Yes, females and males have their own preferred roles and interests.

Body language

Elegance is quite important to them.

Same as guys.

Jokes, hilarious incidents, self-appearance, hot men and hot women.

Jokes,
hilarious incidents and uni.

We keep to small talk.

Other/explain

none at the moment

Thankyou for your help and cooperation.

No problems huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)