Pip Survey Please Do!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

rachiebub

HSC
Year of Birth:

What is your classification of the 'ideal body image' for women of all ages?

In your time, have you seen what people think as the 'perfect body shape' change? [For example: from being boyish and thin, to curby and voluptuous back to thin?]

If so, please explain when these changes occurred and what the changes were?

During these changes, how did it have an affect on the women?

Do you believe women are being pressured to be a certain way? How?

What do you think portreys the 'ideal body image'? [For example: actresses, models, media etc]

jannyh182

HSC

Year of Birth:

Women seem to want to be skinny, yet not grossly so, and want large breasts

In your time, have you seen what people think as the 'perfect body shape' change? [For example: from being boyish and thin, to curby and voluptuous back to thin?]
no

--

--

Yes, everywhere, on tv, magazines, advertising everywhere, the woman presenting the product is always slim.. i know that now dove is starting that campaign for real beauty where they have plus sized women presenting their products, which is a start.

What do you think portrays the 'ideal body image'? [For example: actresses, models, media etc]
i think the media, the media always dictates what's acceptable and whats not. They make a big deal if anyone in the entertainment industry is gaining weight, or looking too skinny

ellen.louise

HSC

Year of Birth: 1990

A healthy weight for their height and build, toned but not excessively skinny (I should NOT be able to see your spine when you're standing straight.) Basically a size and shape that allows you to feel comfortable and wear what you want to wear, do what you want to do.

In your time, have you seen what people think as the 'perfect body shape'
change? [For example: from being boyish and thin, to curby and voluptuous back to thin?]
K I'm not THAT old... but I think people are starting to be more aware now of the dangers of being size zero, etc. Also I've seen adds for sports clothing that have been promoting a healthier, more womanly figure.

Women are able to develop self-confidence, whatever size they are. It sort of allows larger women to have hope that although they may not be able to ever have a size 6 body, they can be a normal weight.

There are a lot of designers that design clothing for tiny bodies, then adjust the sizes lazily (by this I mean, they do not take into account the different figures of larger sizes). This results in, say, size 14 or 16 clothing not fitting correctly so not hanging right on your body. This kind of puts pressure on to lose those extra kilos. It's not a bad thing to have pressure on you to be a healthier weight. But it makes it hard to find clothes sometimes.

Also, the sizing system for shops like ICE, Supre, Parizz, etc are ALL FUCKED UP.

What do you think portreys the 'ideal body image'? [For example: actresses, models, media etc]
There is only one answer to this: Real women. This could be models, actresses, media, whatever. There are real women in there somewhere.

H

happee-kidd

Year of Birth: 1990

not too big, but not too small

no not in my time. i can always remember "skinny" being the perfect
i do know that marilyn monroe was a size 14, today ... thats way too big for the media

most women "real women", have always struggled with weight, it confused them and it was harder to go back to the "skinny".

yes. media, models, TV, magazines etc.. tell us we should look like this and be this size, and eat this much etc..

What do you think portreys the 'ideal body image'? [For example: actresses, models, media etc
media mostly models are being criticised by the media for being too skinny, people like beyonce are being praised for being "real women" so the media controls it all. they're more aware of health problems abd eating disorders now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)