PIP topics - What's been done to death? (1 Viewer)

blakejohn

HSC
Savukk said:
"Coming Out" pips are really over-done and teachers hate them. By coming-out one's i mean about coming out of the closet. Of course, others that are overdone have already been mentioned: body image, piercing/tattoo, relationships, suicide and sex (masturbation, orgasm ect).

Original pips aren't so hard to think up as long as you stay close to your own interests.

oops, i think i did a coming out one, it didnt involve my "journey" , i looked at​
"Exploring the role of power and authority in maintaining equality and inequality regarding homosexuals on a macro level, exemplified in the Australian and American government’s discriminatory legislation" is that a different perspective??

jessdoit

HSC
And adding on to that list:

BODY IMAGE.

Please don't do body image. About every 1 of 3 of the PIPs I looked through were on body image.

Jesykka

HSC
*Erika* said:
adding to all the ones mentioned above...

tatoos and piercings...body art ect.
punks, goths, and other such sub-culture thingys
Damn it! I was going to do piercings... just 'cos I had no idea and when my teacher asked me what I was thinking of doing. I was playing with my tongue ring at the time and so it was the first thing to come to my head lol. Then he went on and on about what a great idea it was and how it would be so easy to cross culrure reference it.
Apparently eating disorders are really overdone in S&C and CAFS which sucks because I think I know more about them than anything else lol.

brookelyn-j

HSC
ive been told dont do anything starting with A.... abortion, anorexia, alcoholism, etc etc... obesity is one to avoid, or so ive been told, as is the medias affect on anything, youth suicide, and rape... however, if you can put a different spin on something basically anything is good...

this year, i think there will be lots of PIPs on: steve irwin (the tall poppy syndrome), emos, global warming, possibly the make poverty history campaign, etc.

im still not 100% on what im doing... ill update a bit later on that.... sooo not looking forward to all the work though :(

brooke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)