• bit of both!

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • huh? who?

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i get my boyfriend to download the cds i want.. his broadband is so much faster than mine so he gets them all for me.. if i ever buy a cd (which is very rare) i usually dont listen to them after 2-3 months so its a waste of money anyway

Nikearashaei

HSC
burning cd's is the logical answer, you rarely get caught and it is a waste of 30$ if you buy it and it is over rated. so i am a pirate..............

adsta

HSC
I'll only download a song if it's the only song I like from the album. I am not going to pay $10 for a single or $30 for a CD when I only like one song. I also download music to see if I like it or not. If I do like it, then I go out and buy the album. If I don't like it, I send it to the recycle bin.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm going to make sure any cd's I put out when I'm a film composer are copy-proof. I'll need the damn money.

But anyway, you can buy a lot of albums for $10 in the city in pitt st.

And me, I'm a pirate too. Except for people I respect, like Alicia Keys, Joss Stone, John Mayer, and Hans Zimmer. :)

slip

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I'm going to make sure any cd's I put out when I'm a film composer are copy-proof. I'll need the damn money.

But anyway, you can buy a lot of albums for $10 in the city in pitt st.

And me, I'm a pirate too. Except for people I respect, like Alicia Keys, Joss Stone, John Mayer, and Hans Zimmer. :)
i hate to break it too you but copy proof never works (least not doesnt prevent my computer) the easiest way through it is copying each individual track to your computer and then burning them together...

the most common result is that the final track has an extra 5 minutes of fuzz at the end.

the other the is that if copy proof does work it may be beaten by placing a piece of paper over the clear inner part of the cd till where there is a small rise in the cd and the actual underside with music on it begins. you then use a black marker to ensure the paper in not see thru at the point just after this small bump. my mate could burn janes addiction and a few other we tried that technique and it worked ever time.

The only quality copy control ive heard of is the new beastie boys album... someone started a rumour that if you try to burn it the cd downloads a virus to your computer...

however the smart people know any company that did this would face a huge law suit and as such would know its bullshit and burn it anyway. but it was the closest thing that has come to stoping people burning a cd, well apart from having britney spears on it (not that i have anythign against brit)

PS - i think the money in film composing would be in the contract to score for the film not that soundtrack sales... i could be wrong but thats what i would think!!

HSC
N/A
Buyer

There's something about starving myself to pay for a CD that makes it seem so much better when I listen to it.

That's not to say I don't download stuff from a band first.
The idea of forking out roughly 30 dollars for a CD that you've barely heard (judging by the fact that most music played seems to target 11 year old girls more than anything else) is fricken ridiculous.

There's no way I'd have owned every nine inch nails album and single if I hadn't downloaded their songs first. Seeing as I've only heard Closer on TV/Radio, which is, hardly their greatest song ever anyway.

*end ramble*

alby

cool duckie
HSC
bit of both

i've bought a couple of albums, gotten some others as pressies, and have more albums on my comp - not personal pirate (i'm a good girl! :p ), can easily get pretty much anything i want from bro & mates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)