Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (1 Viewer)

guy

HSC
i loved it
even though the ending was a bit weak
i mean it climaxed, but then they where jjust like "we'll give him a head start" and haha thats pretty lame i thought
but yeah pretty funny, i loved the dumb pirate who was dumb and then said "how ironic" and "this is what the greeks done in troy" hahahaha
orlando rocks, but he always gets the coolest roles that kick arse like legolas in lotr.
how funny was it how sparrow turned down that girl at the end hahaha
and how his boat was sinking

BUTTTT
how fucking bullshit was it how they hid under the boat as they where walking to the bigger ship, (under water)
hello! PHYSICS!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Hmmm, Orlando gets another cool role in the movie "Troy" as well, there's a pic of him and Eric Bana in the movie, he looks pretty spiffy.

evenstar

the bit with the boat underwater is actually a direct homage to an earlier pirate movie, The Crimson Pirate, in which two characters do the exact same thing =)

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by evenstar
the bit with the boat underwater is actually a direct homage to an earlier pirate movie, The Crimson Pirate, in which two characters do the exact same thing =)
Really? Never knew that. Heh. Just reminded me of the other part I liked.... where Jack thinks they're going to the ships, but instead they walk along the ocean floor - pretty nifty.

Darkiris

mooie!
Originally posted by guy

BUTTTT
how fucking bullshit was it how they hid under the boat as they where walking to the bigger ship, (under water)
hello! PHYSICS!
what are you talking about? don't you realise that they put lead weights in the boat... :rolleyes:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
it's in the bit when orlando bloom and johnny depp are sneaking off the mainland to the big ship, and they hide under a boat and walk along the ocean bed

what i don't get, is why there was air underneath that boat..when they were underwater.. :confused:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by johnson
it's in the bit when orlando bloom and johnny depp are sneaking off the mainland to the big ship, and they hide under a boat and walk along the ocean bed

what i don't get, is why there was air underneath that boat..when they were underwater.. :confused:
Well, you can trap pockets of air in things that go underwater - that's why they came up with the idea of diving bells originally to explore the ocean... Just like really heavy upside down cups. So I guess if there's lead in the boat, it would be heavy enough to counter-act the bouyancy of the air - so they can technically trap and air bubble in the boat! Just don't breathe too much, eh? :)

See? Pirates can be logical. Yarr! :D

Farnarcle

I really like the movie. Depp's acting ws excellent, I really could see him with scissors for hands or chasing a headless horseman, after seeing it.

Bloom was pretty bland, but I guess he was alright.

Knightly was alright too but I reckon she was just there to pull the guys who didn't appreciate Deep's acting.

Rush was also really good, but we didn't see enough of him.

I loved the tounge-in-cheek nature of the whole movie, and of course the one-liners were tops.

One thing about the boat-bubble bit. Sometimes dingy's like that, especially shoddy pirate ones, rely more on the bouyancy of the wood, not being watertight and keeping the water out. And under that pressure the bubbles would escape pretty easily. Plus, keeping that amount of air under the water would be really hard. You try pushing a full balloon underwater, you'll see.

s2ophie

HSC
i'll revive this thread!

i saw it on tuesday and laughed the whole way thorugh. It was so ridiculously fun!

And Orlando Bloom!!!! MMMmmmMMMmmm he had a few moments when i htough "you're not an elf any more" but also Johnny Depp he was bloody fantastic!

but kiera knighley pissed me off something shocking! she was better in Bend it like beckham

chris42

HSC
Yeah, the Pirates of the caribean, was really good, I love the computer animated graphics used in it.

Leap

free falling
HSC
Depp's acting was excellent, I really could see him with scissors for hands or chasing a headless horseman, after seeing it.
LOL! :rofl:

Yeah it was a great movie...I've seen it 5 times, actually - how pathetic is that?!
I'm having a bit of a Johnny Depp phase.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
undoubtedly the funniest part of the movie was when jack was saying bye to elizabeth and will.. and he goes to will...
"will... NIIIICE HAT!"

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I saw this the other day. Personally sword fights/action sequences don't interest me so I was falling asleep through those parts. Was very funny though.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
haha orlando bloom is like, sooo overrated :p
agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

and so was the movie imo.... i guess its because i dont like those type of movies but still... plus the plot was kind of confusing... the whole curse business... i didnt pick it up... HOW did they get cursed? was it because THEY stole the token thingy's or because someone stole them off THEM????

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I saw it for a 2nd time with my mum the other day, I loved it more. Johnny Depp kicks arse.

evenstar

no, the coins were cursed. whoever steals one becomes cursed and the only way to end the curse is to spill the blood of bill/will turner. they had to get the coins back to end the curse and find will. after the credits, the monkey "jack" steals one from the chest and is seen in the moonlight to be cursed again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)