Pissed off (1 Viewer)

FancyPenguin

HSC
just beat him in all your subject, or maybe you can become friends and swap notes

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys so heres what happened today and why I'm pissed off about the ongoing personal problem.

So today my careers advisor called me and a few students out of class to change subjects which have clashed or have not worked out on the electronic database system eg: Edval. I picked PD/H/PE as it was the best option that I saw at the time which was today. There were other subjects such as Business, Photography etc (I can't remember the others probably being that they were crap subjects) but I still went with PD. Student B which I really hate is doing all the subjects that I am doing (just one we are not in the same class). So the problem is that he is extremely annoying and I have hated him since he was in Year 7 for his child-like behaviour, 90% of my year cohort (x/80) hates him as well because he never seems to learn how to respect and shows off all the time when he comes first in a test, (no bullying against him, just hardcore competition). Student B or (he) is intelligent in the fields of Mathematics and Science and has a competitive nature but thats okay because Im on his tail all of the time. Anyway, I picked subjects that the majority of my friends would not pick so I can work to the best of my ability without the distractions. I need a really high ATAR for my goal of becoming a Doctor one day and this is something serious for me since I go to a school ranked in the 500-600 range and terrible results in the HSC in the recent years. On topic now, Student B has just made me even more angry and frustrated to the fact that we picked the same subject which was PD/H/PE today after the subject clashes showed up. My question to you guys is how would you move on if you were in my situation which has basically had so much fury on someone for the last 4 odd years or so and if you can relate to this when you were at school, thanks...

NB: Basically Im trying to get away from people but they coming after me eg: Student B.

Subjects which we are both in (Student B):

Mathematics
Mathematics Extension 1
Chemistry
Physics
IPT
PD/H/PE

Just look how many times I will see Student B's face over the next 2 years...
The fact that he "shows off" when he gets 1st place on exams shows that he isn't as smart as you think he is; how many people do you know who are truly intelligent show off their skills like a peacock?
Your goal isn't to be placed in classes with the idealistic people you would rather study with, your goal is to be better than the person you were. I commend you for your efforts for aiming for such a difficult profession but making excuses like 'I hate this cocky guy, he's going to mess up my education" or "I attend a school ranked in the 500-600, I need to eliminate all undesirable conditions to maximise the probability that I will be able to study medicine". You have to realise that people like that will appear in your life but it'll make you stronger if you live through it rather than complain about.
p.s If he is vexing, I suggest bringing up the topic with him on an occasion. You'd be surprise how egotistical people can be because it's only human nature to show off something that others attempted and didnt come close to, yet they don't understand how vexing it can appear. In most cases, i'm sure if he isnt a complete douche he'll try his best to fix up his attitude when he realises that it isn't attractive to anyone.
Work hard OP.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
you want to be a doctor, act like you want to be one!
Even in uni and the hospital you will meet people who you will dislike and find annoying and you just have to ignore them and do your own work. You cannot complain and thinking about them all day cos otherwise you will fall behind.
in case your wondering the person who was dux at my school (got 99.95, 95 percentile umat) was not popular with others and just put her head down and studied hard.

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
just beat him in all your subject, or maybe you can become friends and swap notes
Hey Penguin long time no talk, when I leave high school I don't want to ever see his face again, forever.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
The fact that he "shows off" when he gets 1st place on exams shows that he isn't as smart as you think he is; how many people do you know who are truly intelligent show off their skills like a peacock?
Your goal isn't to be placed in classes with the idealistic people you would rather study with, your goal is to be better than the person you were. I commend you for your efforts for aiming for such a difficult profession but making excuses like 'I hate this cocky guy, he's going to mess up my education" or "I attend a school ranked in the 500-600, I need to eliminate all undesirable conditions to maximise the probability that I will be able to study medicine". You have to realise that people like that will appear in your life but it'll make you stronger if you live through it rather than complain about.
p.s If he is vexing, I suggest bringing up the topic with him on an occasion. You'd be surprise how egotistical people can be because it's only human nature to show off something that others attempted and didnt come close to, yet they don't understand how vexing it can appear. In most cases, i'm sure if he isnt a complete douche he'll try his best to fix up his attitude when he realises that it isn't attractive to anyone.
Work hard OP.
Thanks I hope the guy fixes his attitude at least not just for me but for 90% of the cohort that has the same problem, I was the one to step forward and bring this notion forward I guess. Thanks again for the reassurance to have a positive outlook on the incoming HSC Years ahead, I have a long way ahead and shouldn't let my self down with these things.

piethepker

HSC
N/A
Do you feel this way about me??

The best way would be to just completely ignore him, and in particular his marks. I noticed a competition developing between me and a friend so i approached him and said we aren't to share marks any more due to the strain it was causing the relationship.

I would suggest you just don't share marks, at all.

and use it as motivation!

Fiction

HSC
Idk why OP hasn't posted this, but he/she has asked me to inform everyone that they have learnt how to deal with these situations and has "moved on" as evident in the hyperbole, "
"right I moved on and now I've learnt what I should be actually doing...I'm just getting sick of the comments..." where the vomit allusion connotes that there is no need for anyone to make anymore friendly suggestions.

c: Too much engrish//shot

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Thank you for everyone's input on this problem, I have moved on EOS. Thanks Fiction for clearing things up.

science

HSC
Come on dude, how old are you? Are you really getting that worked up over one guy being in your class? Work hard, do your study and have fun. Don't think your HSC is over because of one other person, that's just an excuse
The thing that fkn makes me the most angry is the part when Student B asks for my test mark after I beat him in the exam and then he comes for a handshake which I always refuse. Showing off is definately in his blood but my anger is going to come raining down on him...
That actually sounds a bit dickish of you... be mature, accept a handshake and move on.

Even if you get your atar, thats only 1/3rd of the selection process for med- another third is the interview, and by the sounds of it you need to improve your friendliness, maturity and social life before you have a chance in that.

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
The thing that fkn makes me the most angry is the part when Student B asks for my test mark after I beat him in the exam and then he comes for a handshake which I always refuse. Showing off is definately in his blood but my anger is going to come raining down on him...
Thanks Adrita, he can get fucked anyway because I know his not going to perform well in one or two subjects where I'm going to get the upperhand.
haha holy christ get your autism under control stat you have major issues

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Went up to him today and shook hands because it had to happen and I guess today was the day, he argued that it was his fault and I argued that it was my fault but we restored our alliance back with a self explanatory handshake. I guess it was the support from you guys that gave the motion for me to at least call it a truce I guess. I would like to say thanks to everyone for their part in this problem even if you gave me angry comments because of this as I don't care anymore as me and Student B are now friends. It wasn't an easy step that I took, but again I have to say it was you guys that helped me in this problem and I cannot thank you enough.:D

Last edited:

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Went up to him today and shook hands because it had to happen and I guess today was the day, he argued that it was his fault and I argued that it was my fault but we restored our alliance back with a self explanatory handshake. I guess it was the support from you guys that gave the motion for me to at least call it a truce I guess. I would like to say thanks to everyone for their part in this problem even if you gave me angry comments because of this as I don't care anymore as me and Student B are now friends. It wasn't an easy step that I took, but again I have to say it was you guys that helped me in this problem and I cannot thank you enough.:D
Congrats, now that's what I call awesome :)

iStudent

HSC
Great work. Hope your friendship lasts :)

FancyPenguin

HSC
I guess that means I win

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)