Plagiarism with BOS resources. (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
For Module B in english I was struggling a little bit in how to write my essay properly and structure it with logical arguements. I recently downloaded two essays off the BOS resource section for my text and summarised the main ideas within them. Is it plagiarism if I'm using the notes I made of the essays instead of copying large chunks of texts from them?

This also goes for any other english resource out there.

HSC
Uni Grad
Not imo, I also used ideas and shit from essays off here.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Yeah I don't think any teacher is going to trawl through the mountains of BoS resources to prove that you plagiarised

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
thou shall not plagiarise.

using the ideas of others to construct your essay isn't plagiarism. so you're fine.

--

But copying full sentence(s) and maybe changing only a few words with the guide of a thesaurus is plagiarism.
Our school allows 10% of an essay to be plagiarised, at most.. which i think is still pretty ridiculuous anyway. I've read a few other peoples frankenstein/br essays in my class.. most of them are basically plagiarising and changing one or two words at most every now and then; it's obvious cos they're all using the one essay.. and that's from bos; so teachers will definitely suspect something if many others have the same sort of syntax + idea/technique - i hope karma comes right round and fucks them up the arse

shuttle_bus5

HSC
To be honest I never bothered with the english resources from BoS. They were all pretty dodgy.

jasonn

HSC
thou shall not plagiarise.

using the ideas of others to construct your essay isn't plagiarism. so you're fine.

--

But copying full sentence(s) and maybe changing only a few words with the guide of a thesaurus is plagiarism.
Our school allows 10% of an essay to be plagiarised, at most.. which i think is still pretty ridiculuous anyway. I've read a few other peoples frankenstein/br essays in my class.. most of them are basically plagiarising and changing one or two words at most every now and then; it's obvious cos they're all using the one essay.. and that's from bos; so teachers will definitely suspect something if many others have the same sort of syntax + idea/technique - i hope karma comes right round and fucks them up the arse

hahaha.. thats harsh mate

HSC
Everyone on this site, except me, is a complete idiot. Therefore do not plagiarise. Also BOS has large amounts of trolls.

btw. im a troll :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)