Plagirism (1 Viewer)

AlexJB

Unmotivated
HSC
I'm sorry if this has been asked, but the search function is killing me with 500 internal server errors.

I got 20/20 for my comparative in my trials, and my teacher gave my essay out to the grade as a good example. I know a lot of people have taken a lot of direct sentences (even paragraphs) from my essay, and will probably rewrite it in the exam tomorrow.

So I need to know, what is the policy with plagirism in the HSC, and do I have to worry at all?

bmn

HSC
Probably not. Chances are the papers will be given to different markers... If not, they'll probably just think of it as the teachers direct notes.

noturningback

HSC
Quick question, got me worrying now :)

A while ago I was reading another essay and they used a quote from another article (Not their own written article) that they used to support their ideas. I thought, hey this quote would work for me too, so I now also use this quote.

In my essay I say in the article "hamlet etc etc" by "Author name", the author states that "Insert quote". This shows --- continue on with my own ideas.

This is certainly not plagiarism right? I'm just paranoid lol

tedelex06

HSC
Quick question, got me worrying now :)

A while ago I was reading another essay and they used a quote from another article (Not their own written article) that they used to support their ideas. I thought, hey this quote would work for me too, so I now also use this quote.

In my essay I say in the article "hamlet etc etc" by "Author name", the author states that "Insert quote". This shows --- continue on with my own ideas.

This is certainly not plagiarism right? I'm just paranoid lol
aslong as you do not try to pass it off as your own ideas and you keep it inbetween those inverted commas, you're fine.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
And remember, a whole essay in quotation marks is a fail. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)