Plans for starting Year 12 in a few months? (1 Viewer)

Sammy2011

HSC
Dropping PDHPE (Thank God)
Dropping Animal Studies
Picking up Extension 2 English

:)

Holly M

HSC
OK so I have 14 Units currently.
I'm planning on dropping Ext English (Unless some miracle happens) because it's destroying my soul (Pity I can't drop advanced) and I'm not doing very well.

I don't think I'll pick up Ext 2 Maths, I think it would be too much of a workload, but I guess I'll wait and see.

So that still leaves me with 13 units if I only drop Ext English. That's too many. I think I can do 12, but 13?

I don't want to drop any of my others, my worst other one would be Chemistry, but I can't drop that!

Hmm.
What should I do???

P.S. Crap! We only have like one term left of Prelim. :spzz: Wow, I am not looking forward to Year 12. Year 11 is all fun and it doesn't count... in Year 12 I'm going to have to try!

Last edited:

Curkz

HSC
hey, you have to do 2 unit to do three and four - so please address your criticisms to general maths only (and that pathetic applied course).

i'll start:

general maths should be non-ATAR! >:]
I really don't like people like YOU insulting the less fortunate people who cannot complete higher level maths. I do general maths, your statement is so general and so insulting I'm amazed you have the guts to say it.

you really a douche bag, not everyone has the drive to do well in maths, and if general suits them and provides the minimum for a university course so be it. but otherwise stfu.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I really don't like people like YOU insulting the less fortunate people who cannot complete higher level maths. I do general maths, your statement is so general and so insulting I'm amazed you have the guts to say it.

you really a douche bag, not everyone has the drive to do well in maths, and if general suits them and provides the minimum for a university course so be it. but otherwise stfu.
General doesnt provide sufficient Maths for any course IIRC.

hscishard

HSC

Some unis need adv maths for Commerce. Not to be rude, but I think your subs are gonna cap you to 99.00 ATAR maximum

Curkz

HSC
So if you didn't do general and you needed a 2 unit or adv level of maths for a degree, what would you have to do? Just pick up 2 unit? I was told that the Uni's favour you more if you at least try and do some form of maths rather then none.

Feel free to fill me in,
btw I don't really mind what atar I get high 80's or low 90's will suffice.. but thanks for telling me what you think the max is for my subs :)

Last edited:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
So if you didn't do general and you needed a 2 unit or adv level of maths for a degree, what would you have to do? Just pick up 2 unit? I was told that the Uni's favour you more if you at least try and do some form of maths rather then none.

Feel free to fill me in,
btw I don't really mind what atar I get high 80's or low 90's will suffice.. but thanks for telling me what you think the max is for my subs :)
Most uni's offer a bringing course that assumes Year 10 Adv maths
for UNSW if one of your units assumes 2u you can enrol in the MSP and your sweet, if it assumes ext1 you need to enrol in the MSP then MATHS1011 (Fundies of Maths B) then your fine.
rough guide - heatlh sciences require 2u, commerce, science or engineering assumes ext1

usyd offer a 2u bridging course although i'm not sure what happens if take the bridging course and your units assume ext1

Existential

HSC
N/A

perhaps i went a bit too far with the non-ATAR claim, but i stand by everything else.

i'm not just bagging on the lower level maths - i also said how suicidal extension would be.

that's why i don't see anything wrong with 2 unit mathematics advanced.

Existential

HSC
N/A

Feel free to fill me in,
another factor you should have considered was your stage 5 level of maths.

5.1 students should not do maths.
5.2 students should do general.
5.3 students should do advanced.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
OK so I have 14 Units currently.
I'm planning on dropping Ext English (Unless some miracle happens) because it's destroying my soul (Pity I can't drop advanced) and I'm not doing very well.

I don't think I'll pick up Ext 2 Maths, I think it would be too much of a workload, but I guess I'll wait and see.

So that still leaves me with 13 units if I only drop Ext English. That's too many. I think I can do 12, but 13?

I don't want to drop any of my others, my worst other one would be Chemistry, but I can't drop that!

Hmm.
What should I do???

P.S. Crap! We only have like one term left of Prelim. :spzz: Wow, I am not looking forward to Year 12. Year 11 is all fun and it doesn't count... in Year 12 I'm going to have to try!
13 units isn't that much different to 12 units to be honest. Just drop english if it is your worst subject :)

another factor you should have considered was your stage 5 level of maths.

5.1 students should not do maths.
5.2 students should do general.
5.3 students should do advanced.
Heaps of 5.2 kids can do advance though and pretty much all 5.1 kids should be able to do general maths IMO.

Last edited:

noreun

HSC
Plan A:
Get my maths rankings up
Pick up Ext 2 maths

Plan B:
Drop to SOR 1 to catholic studies.

santiii

HSC
Dropping extension maths. WOOOOH *1 minute dance party*
I'm also going to try and fast track my TAFE course and finish by April but it depends whether my TAFE does that.

santiii

HSC
Dropping extension maths. WOOOOH *1 minute dance party*
I'm also going to try and fast track my TAFE course and finish by April but it depends whether my TAFE does that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)