PLEASE HELP! Avenue to LAW: What would you do? (1 Viewer)

lucalegal

HSC
Guys,

I have a senario. I am currently in year 12.

If I get an ATAR of 90.

Should I go into Macquarie University Pre-Law Program (going into a BA or similar), then go into BA/LAW or should I go to a BA at UNSW and hope to God that I get a Distinction average and apply for an internal transfer in the first year?

And if there are any people who have done this internal transfer from UNSW, how hard is it to get a Distinction average in a BA? Let me know what marks you got?

Let me know...

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Does the Pre-Law Program guarantees a spot in the BA/LLB program next year? If so, just do law at Macq. As for the UNSW route, a distinction average in first year is definitely achievable but again it depends on the individual.

lucalegal

HSC
Yes. The pre-law pathway guarantees you a spot if you achieve a 93 ATAR (84 ATAR with bonus points, but you have to get a credit average in the first 4 law units)…Do you recommend an external transfer into UNSW Law? If so, do you know much about it? Is it ATAR + GPA?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, if you get into Macq then there's really no point transferring. I assume it would easier (WAM/GPA-wise) and less costly to transfer internally if you want to do law at UNSW.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Does the Pre-Law Program guarantees a spot in the BA/LLB program next year? If so, just do law at Macq. As for the UNSW route, a distinction average in first year is definitely achievable but again it depends on the individual.
Just to add. A distinction avg doesnt necessarily get you in. Must also factor in supply and demand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)