Please help me choose: EAL/D with a state rank or Advanced high band 6? (1 Viewer)

Which course do you think I should choose

• Advanced

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • EAL/D

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

beaver194

HSC
Hey everyone,

im in year 11 now and English has surprisingly been my strongest subject. For context, im at one of the top performing schools in NSW and rank top 3 overall and came first in English last year.

now im eligible to do EAL/D as I moved to Australia in year 7. Do you guys think I should do English advanced for the academic rigour, or do EAL/D for the prospect of a state rank? Which option would maximise my ATAR?

thank you everyone for your help!

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
If you can excel in English Advanced then you are not suited to EALD, why not push for an English Advanced state rank?

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
Definitely English Advanced
what 💀
If you can excel in English Advanced then you are not suited to EALD, why not push for an English Advanced state rank?
pushing for eng adv state rank is honestly a weird goal
if they do eald they won't need to put in like any effort as compared to advanced so like you can spend all that time on other subjects
idk about y'all but eng is such a time sink

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
what 💀

if they do eald they won't need to put in like any effort as compared to advanced so like you can spend all that time on other subjects
Idk it's just a question like that's such good marks why not try your very best at your highest capability but yeah if they don't like english/don't wanna waste time then sure eald

WeiWeiMan

HSC
what 💀

fax bro
idk how someone can just get eald sr but eng adv sr is crazyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)