Please Help!! (1 Viewer)

JuSt AnOtHa GrL

HSC
Hi everyone im new here...

Im doing physical journies and we have to do 1 film, 1 image.

Magazine OR newspaper article
Poem OR song lyric
novel OR short story

so we need 4 all together...
Then we have to do this:

Title of text:
Type: (whether image, short story, etc.)
Composer:
Date( date you obtained the text)
Source:(where it comes from- i.e: sydney morning herald, Touchstone pictures, website, etc.)

And then a 100 word summary where we explain how the text relates to the concept of journeys.

I was thinking of doing cast away for the film..Does anyone know the composer for cast away..director whatever...the date the movie was made...and could anyone help me with the summary please? i really need help! Thanks heaps :) Please get back to me

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
JuSt AnOtHa GrL said:
Hi everyone im new here...

Im doing physical journies and we have to do 1 film, 1 image.

Magazine OR newspaper article
Poem OR song lyric
novel OR short story

so we need 4 all together...
Then we have to do this:

Title of text:
Type: (whether image, short story, etc.)
Composer:
Date( date you obtained the text)
Source:(where it comes from- i.e: sydney morning herald, Touchstone pictures, website, etc.)

And then a 100 word summary where we explain how the text relates to the concept of journeys.

I was thinking of doing cast away for the film..Does anyone know the composer for cast away..director whatever...the date the movie was made...and could anyone help me with the summary please? i really need help! Thanks heaps :) Please get back to me
im doing that exact assignment! :rolleyes:
except i know nothing about cast away sorry

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
JuSt AnOtHa GrL said:
Oh really? damn!

so which movie are you doing? and what about the other texts?
well i was gona do "stand by me"
but my teacher said it wasnt physical enough...
i couldnt believe it cause i think its an excellent example of a physical journey!!!

and then ironically she approved a song i thought shed say was wrong
"Anywhere is"
by enya...
but i dont have anything on the actual assessment yet :(
still gotta start:uhhuh:

hayhayhay

yeppo.
HSC
why dont u check out THe Grapes of WRath? its bout a family in america who hav to journey across the country because some mean ass company has bought out there land. i haven't actually read it, i've read about 1/8 of it but its a pretty good journey.

hayhayhay

yeppo.
HSC
What about that song that goes "i been thru tha desert on a horse wif no name" that sounds like a good physical journey. or "he ain't heavy he's my brotha."
those are real good.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
JuSt AnOtHa GrL said:
Hi there, i'm doing Cast Away too, I've already analysed it and got my english assessment next week and i've got my journey essay all typed up, so I guess i can show you my Cast Away paragraphs in the essay, please only use these as a guide/reference to help you out:

Survival and emotional growth are also a challenge for Chuck Nolan in Cast Away. As a
Fed Ex manager, Chuck states to his employees, “…one cannot ever… commit the sin of
losing track of time.” Yet his controlled world disintegrates when he becomes isolated on
a deserted island after a plane crash. This is where his real journey of pain and endurance
begins as he must learn to survive with only his internal resources. Whilst attempting to
build a fire, Chuck wounds his hand and wiping his own blood, he personifies a netball
and creates “Wilson”.

However, Wilson is not only his beloved companion for his four year stay on the island,
he is also Chuck’s alter ego and a cinematic technique that enables the director to convey
Chuck’s inner feelings and fears to the viewer. Later when Chuck sails out on a raft in
search of rescue, Wilson fulls overboard. An extreme close-up of Chuck’s hand
ungrasping and then grasping the vine connected to the raft, reveals his agonising
decision when he must let Wilson go in favour of being rescued. Accompanied by
poignant (moving) music, used only sparingly through the film, Chuck’s grief is
highlighted and followed by dramatic irony when we witness his eventual rescue in the
form of a freighter at a time when he is too grief-stricken to notice.

That should help you alot. :)

JuSt AnOtHa GrL

HSC
Iv got an image...it's pretty good, but i have no idea what to write about it. How does this image relate to journies? What can i write.

ackmon

HSC
umm it was a good cd? haha.
u can write that journeys can be never ending, like the road is, and there will be things in the way making u slow down, but some ignore it, some dont n consequences etc.

vTr

HSC
hey i know this is sorta off topic but would matrix be okay for physical journies?

phan-e

HSC
hey there..
do u have any notes on this song.(enya)
.or cud u help me please..i was referred to this song twice but have no idea where to start

Last edited:

bos1234

HSC
*yooneek* said:
well i was gona do "stand by me"
but my teacher said it wasnt physical enough...
i couldnt believe it cause i think its an excellent example of a physical journey!!!

and then ironically she approved a song i thought shed say was wrong
"Anywhere is"
by enya...
but i dont have anything on the actual assessment yet :(
still gotta start:uhhuh:
our teacher said stand by me is an excellent text for physical journey.. its the one with the 4 boys who go on an adventure to find some dead boyd right?

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
bos1234 said:
our teacher said stand by me is an excellent text for physical journey.. its the one with the 4 boys who go on an adventure to find some dead boyd right?
exactly!!!
i agree with u...its teh awesomeness :p
i think she was obviously confused with which movie i meant </3
aaah well lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)