Plz help!!! Speech on Journeys (1 Viewer)

Jezabel2411

HSC
Hey pplz. Well, i really need some help with this English speech that I have to do. This is what it ask me to do:-

You are the guest speaker at an HSC Exhibition entitled "Journeys". In your speech, discuss ways in which the impacts of the journey concept are represented in the broad range of exhibits. In your answer you should refer to ONE of the prescribed texts, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys, and ONE other related material.

My prescribed text is "The Poetry of Petere Skrzynecki", and I haven't chosen a text from the stimulus booklet or my own related material. For my own related material, I was thinking of doing "A Walk To Remember", "Raise Your Voice", "Ladder 49", or "The Socceroos Journey To The World Cup" (but i'm not quite sure about this. I still haven't found a good newspaper article on it).

So if anybody has any ideas or tips plz post them on here.
Thanks

Gummy_bear

HSC
Try using the resources section of your looking for more info on your texts.
Also, try typing in your related martial in search and that will surely help you.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
TerrbleSpellor said:
Are they still doing journeys in 2006?
yes .
I believe this is the last year of journeys.

Anyway, i would probally sugest you find something more solid than the socceroos. As you say you havent found a good article, and it is more of an event rather than a text.

Last edited:

Jezabel2411

HSC
Hey! Well, ive chosen to do teh movie "A Walk To Remember) starring Shane West and Mandy Moore. Now I'm having trouble workign out which two of Skrynecki's poems to use. I;m doing "Immigrants At Central Station" and I don't know whether to do "Feliks Skrzynecki" or "Migrant Hostel". Also has anyone seen "A Walk To Remember? If so, what film tecnhiques are used and what types of journeys are taken by which charaters? Also, how does these journeys impact on the characters. Sorry, if I'm askign too much. It's just that I'm really confused.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Seeing as i'm so bored and im feeling kind, i'll rent that movie in the coming days and give you a hand. When do you need your speech done by?

adambra

HSC
Jezabel2411 said:
Hey pplz. Well, i really need some help with this English speech that I have to do. This is what it ask me to do:-

You are the guest speaker at an HSC Exhibition entitled "Journeys". In your speech, discuss ways in which the impacts of the journey concept are represented in the broad range of exhibits. In your answer you should refer to ONE of the prescribed texts, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys, and ONE other related material.

My prescribed text is "The Poetry of Petere Skrzynecki", and I haven't chosen a text from the stimulus booklet or my own related material. For my own related material, I was thinking of doing "A Walk To Remember", "Raise Your Voice", "Ladder 49", or "The Socceroos Journey To The World Cup" (but i'm not quite sure about this. I still haven't found a good newspaper article on it).

So if anybody has any ideas or tips plz post them on here.
Thanks
Try doing a good movie...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Cast Away, very good for physical journey as well as inner and possibly imaginative. Check it out.

Jezabel2411

HSC
sikeveo said:
Seeing as i'm so bored and im feeling kind, i'll rent that movie in the coming days and give you a hand. When do you need your speech done by?
Thnaks very much for that but I've decided not to do that anymore as you have to do the camera angles etc. So now I'm doing "Extroadinary Day". It's a song by Delta Goodrem. It's about when she was diganosed with cancer. So if anybody has any pointers about that song, it would be very much appreciated.

And thankyou so much for even thinkning about going out to rent the movie out and help me. It was very much appreicated and I'm very sorry that I have chnaged my mind. :) Please forgive me.

MingGe

HSC
Srz be confident in speeches. Its quite easy...Eye contact!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)