Plzzz Anyone Doing Business Studiesss!!???? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i came up with some pnumonics today:

change and social responsibility:

gee m qt (gee mmm cutie)

globalisation
e-commerce
ecological sustainability

managing cultural diversity

quality of life
technology

financial planning cycle

ADD children fucking irritate my puny mind - ADDFIMPM

Addressing present financial position
Deterrmining financial elements of the business plan
Developing budgets
Cash flows
Financial reports
Interpretation
Maintaining record systems
Planning financial controls
Minimising financial risks

lol, hope they help someone XD

Rampager

HSC
Zrap said:
What are people doing for business essays?
I've got all the detail in my head, and i've written down all the syllabus notes (I see no point in preparing practice essays) and I'm just going to wing it and adapt all my knowledge to the question.

Basically my teacher said this: When doing the business reports, bring up all the syllabus points in your head, now, cover them one-by-one in your essay UNDERLINING each key point as you write it, make it easy for the marker to see you know all the syllabus points. Even if you can't write a lot about a syllabus dot point, just the fact that you know it's there in the syllabus puts you above the majority of kids in the state already.

And thats exactly what I plan to do: E.g. if I'm asked to evaluate how effective employment relations is I'll look at it in terms of:
-Absenteeism
-Disputes
-Quality of Product
-Benchmarking
-Levels of Staff Turnover

If I'm asked about a strategy to improve employment relations then:
-Training / Induction
-Rewards
-Flexible working conditions/hours

etc.

BabyK

HSC
Rampager said:
I've got all the detail in my head, and i've written down all the syllabus notes (I see no point in preparing practice essays) and I'm just going to wing it and adapt all my knowledge to the question.

Basically my teacher said this: When doing the business reports, bring up all the syllabus points in your head, now, cover them one-by-one in your essay UNDERLINING each key point as you write it, make it easy for the marker to see you know all the syllabus points. Even if you can't write a lot about a syllabus dot point, just the fact that you know it's there in the syllabus puts you above the majority of kids in the state already.

And thats exactly what I plan to do: E.g. if I'm asked to evaluate how effective employment relations is I'll look at it in terms of:
-Absenteeism
-Disputes
-Quality of Product
-Benchmarking
-Levels of Staff Turnover

If I'm asked about a strategy to improve employment relations then:
-Training / Induction
-Rewards
-Flexible working conditions/hours

etc.
uumm i wudunt reccomend writing too much of the syllabus down, coz i got marked down in d trials cos i did that and 2 much ov my essay was apparently irellevant :confused: but if u know its relevant dats right even if u dnt know heaps about it write it and write about 2 line description...however plz plz be careful if ur gonna do dat coz as i sed i got markd down from band 6 to 5 just for dat the structure... :(

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I hope that the HSC exam for this won't be full of financial stuff! Cause teachers at our school are saying that they sort of see a pattern where in 2006, the HSC exam was full of financial questions. But then the 2007 HSC exam barely had any financial questions.
So they're assuming that this year, we may have to know our formulas. :(

Alvik

HSC
I might as well give you my lame ones.

Overseas influences on financial management

Foreign exchange rates
Accounting regulations
Tax regulations
Political risks
World events
Differing interest rates
Foreign govt. intervention

Ex-accountants take political world events into foreign governments

... I'm so sorry

and good ol' SEIDI!

Situational analysis
Establishing marketing objectives
Identifying target markets
Developing marketing strategies
Implementing, monitoring and controlling

I have worse, but I'm too ashamed

Lordie

HSC
BabyK said:
uumm i wudunt reccomend writing too much of the syllabus down, coz i got marked down in d trials cos i did that and 2 much ov my essay was apparently irellevant :confused: but if u know its relevant dats right even if u dnt know heaps about it write it and write about 2 line description...however plz plz be careful if ur gonna do dat coz as i sed i got markd down from band 6 to 5 just for dat the structure... :(
Ok, just a tip for you. The syllabus dot points are what make up the 'meat' of your Reports. If it asks, "The business wants to know how to manage change effectively" for instance, you'd set it out like so:

"Managing Change Effectively
Identify the need for change
[Talk about that here]

Set achievable goals
[Talk about that here]

Create a culture of change; Change agents
[That here]

Use change models
[That here]"

So see, how the dot points form your answer? Your teacher would have told you not to list dot points from the syllabus that have no relevance to the question. For example, speaking about change models when the question asked about managing Global Expansion. See the difference?

This structure comes from "Success One Business Study" books, as well as a number of other books endorsed by the Board. So, maybe he's referring to something else you were doing. But by using the syllabus as a structure for your response - that's kind of what you're meant to do, can't do it many other ways. Heh

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

CardCheat

Under house arrest.
HSC
Lordie said:
Ok, just a tip for you. The syllabus dot points are what make up the 'meat' of your Reports. If it asks, "The business wants to know how to manage change effectively" for instance, you'd set it out like so:

"Managing Change Effectively
Identify the need for change
[Talk about that here]

Set achievable goals
[Talk about that here]

Create a culture of change; Change agents
[That here]

Use change models
[That here]"

So see, how the dot points form your answer? Your teacher would have told you not to list dot points from the syllabus that have no relevance to the question. For example, speaking about change models when the question asked about managing Global Expansion. See the difference?

This structure comes from "Success One Business Study" books, as well as a number of other books endorsed by the Board. So, maybe he's referring to something else you were doing. But by using the syllabus as a structure for your response - that's kind of what you're meant to do, can't do it many other ways. Heh

Hope it helps.
shut up??

kylesandilands

HSC
BabyK said:
Our hsc exam is THIS thursday, and my notes are a bit iffy...im just wondering anyone who got high in business studies, could you please reccommed to me what i should concentrate on for the exam...i mean any ideas on whatll probably get asked for each topic...and also if anyones been listening to the news about the current global financial crisis...would you consider using that alone as a case study in the very last question with the two options, if the focus is on financial or global? please anyone with anything that could help me with this subject...tips on how to study for it...etc...please please :cold: any help is greatly appreciated.
syllabus syllabus syllabus is the kingggg
thats the beauty of business... u just focus on that
i suggest u culd also look at a few definitions to ensure your precise in your short answers

youll be finee dudee

gd luck

BabyK

HSC
Definitely NOT ME :(

i don't want global or employment relations

only in d multiple choice so i can guess dem lol

jazzbaby

HSC
BabyK said:
wowww dats aktualli pretty mad :rolleyes: cos i doubt im gonna have time to go over too many past papers but wow 98/100 dats beautiful... yeh i guess if you know the syllabus and the expected structure of the exam den ur set... i was finking ov asking my teacher to go through some business reports wiv me but i doubt that'll do me a lot of good since well lets jus say der were 4 people in my class who passed business studies loll (i wasnt one ov dem :uhoh: ) so yeah thanks dats aktualli pretty gud...but looking over some of the questions in the past srsly i cannot figure out what theyre asking :eek: ...but ill look into it :)

BabyK said:

wtf you just said you didnt pass business studies, how did u get band 5 in trials then? :S

BabyK

HSC
jazzbaby said:
wtf you just said you didnt pass business studies, how did u get band 5 in trials then? :S
yerr i flunked out in d middle section wich ws 40 marks ov wich i only got about 5, nd d multiple choice dats 20 marks, i got 10, section 3 i got 14, n d next section 4 i got 17 coz i knw my case study off by heart =) OK?? i meant band 5 in section 4 not overall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)