Polygamous marriages should be recognised: sheikh (2 Viewers)

boris

Banned
HSC
Members of Sydney's Islamic community believe polygamous marriages should be recognised to protect the rights of women.

Sheikh Khalil Chami of the Islamic Welfare Centre in Lakemba today said polygamous marriages, although illegal, existed in Australia and should be recognised.

"... Not an open door but in a way everyone will have control," he told Triple J's Hack program.

"It's a bit hard, very difficult, but unless we face it, how (do) we overcome it?

"If you know there is law that will help you, there is community will help you. Why not? Why not change the law?"

Sheikh Chami said he was asked almost weekly to conduct polygamous religious ceremonies.

While he declined to perform such ceremonies, he said, other sheikhs did not.

"There are a lot of sheikhs here without any qualifications, without any place," he said.

"They'll conduct that marriage no problem at all."

Islamic Friendship Association of Australia president Keysar Trad said recognising polygamous unions would help protect the rights of women in the relationship.

Mr Trad once proposed to another woman with the consent of his wife, Hanefa, but the second marriage did not proceed.

"I certainly would not have entertained the thought of having a relationship without a religious marriage and I thought the relationship with that person was developing to the stage where we had become too friendly with each other," he told the program.

"Rather than entertain any thoughts of an affair I thought the only decent thing to do was to consider a proper commitment to that person.

"This idea of plural sexual relationships, it is not so much frowned upon by society as long as these people don't say we want a polygamous relationship."

Mr Trad's mother was a third wife in a polygamous relationship overseas and he said the women had admiration and respect for each other and supported each other.

"In a sense, it's a compliment to the original partner that if he didn't find marriage to be so good why would he go into it again," he said.

"In a sense, he's saying that his first wife has made life like heaven for him so he's willing to provide the same service, love and support to a second woman."

He said women were choosing to enter into such marriages.

Mrs Trad said many people in polygamous marriages kept it a secret - not only because it was illegal, but because society did not accept it.

"Tell you the truth, the hardest part of it (is) the way the others perceive it not what's happened between me and him," she said.

Asked if it was just about wanting sex with more women, she said: "Yeah it can be, but having it in the right way instead of having it in like go to prostitute or just date".
I bet you do ...

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
OMFG, another fuck wit arab that makes all muslim look like a bunch of baboons from the desert.

fuck off. this dick doesnt represent me.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Islamic Friendship Association of Australia president Keysar Trad said recognising polygamous unions would help protect the rights of women in the relationship.

Islamic Friendship Association of Australia president Keysar Trad said recognising polygamous unions would help protect the rights of women in the relationship.Islamic Friendship Association of Australia president Keysar Trad said recognising polygamous unions would help protect the rights of women in the relationship.

Islamic Friendship Association of Australia president Keysar Trad said recognising polygamous unions would help protect the rights of women in the relationship.Islamic Friendship Association of Australia president Keysar Trad said recognising polygamous unions would help protect the rights of women in the relationship.

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEYSAR TRAD.

boris

Banned
HSC
In a sense, he's saying that his first wife has made life like heaven for him so he's willing to provide the same service, love and support to a second woman.
That just does not make sense.

HSC
jb_nc said:

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEYSAR TRAD.
lmao, i see trad every single day.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'm uneasy about it. But I'm not sure whether this is because I actually think it should not be allowed or because it's just different to what I've always conceptualised marriage as.

Seeing as how I can't think of any solid logical reason to oppose polygamy (at the moment), I'm just going to concede that it should be recognised in Australia. For now.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I'm uneasy about it. But I'm not sure whether this is because I actually think it should not be allowed or because it's just different to what I've always conceptualised marriage as.

Seeing as how I can't think of any solid logical reason to oppose polygamy (at the moment), I'm just going to concede that it should be recognised in Australia. For now.
I can see a reason to SUPPORT polygamous marriages: Multiple fucking holes!!

Also, the incidence of people contracting Onegyna would decrease dramatically.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
If you want polygamous relationships then fuck off back to your own country. Or Britain. ICD, but I just think its garbage on several levels. At the very least allow women multiple husbands. All this bullshit about how men need more sex. Fuck off they do. =)
Its like going back to the stone age.

Mumma

HSC
since we continuously shit on the whole concept of marriage anyway, why not legalize polygamy (for both sexes - polygyny is for men, polyandry for women).

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
:lol: Good ol' Keysar Trad.
Imposing the muslim way of life on us aussies one law at a time.

All you true blue aussies out there. Those mooslims want to marry 2 or 3 of your daughters mate. Don't fucking allow it not one bit ever! Today this tommorow there gonna make us pray to allah and make our women dress like ninjas.

Go back to your country fucking mooslims. We dont want you hear or your backwords relegen!

The Hippy

HSC
bigboyjames said:
OMFG, another fuck wit arab that makes all muslim look like a bunch of baboons from the desert.

fuck off. this dick doesnt represent me.
touche

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
We were talking about this in SOR the other day (not that that effected my opinion what so ever we were talking about polygamy in islam and it came up) but i think everyone will find about 98% of muslims ( i am taking a educated guess there so dont quote me on iti am just trying to show u how many ) in australia do not want polygamy legalised in australia for two reasons
1) it is not needed
2) they came here knowing it was illegal and if they wanted to participate in it they would move somewhere where it is legal

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If the women weren't allowed to have multiple husbands too, then I hardly see how this is protecting women's rights.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
That is right they are allowed to have up to 4 wives, i think there was a reason for it in the time the qu'ran was written as to why they could

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
samo4u said:
Good ol' Keysar Trad.
Imposing the muslim way of life on us aussies one law at a time.

All you true blue aussies out there. Those mooslims want to marry 2 or 3 of your daughters mate. Don't fucking allow it not one bit ever! Today this tommorow there gonna make us pray to allah and make our women dress like ninjas.

Go back to your country fucking mooslims. We dont want you hear or your backwords relegen!

What exactly is there country.

there are muslims who are true blue aussie too

you are an idiot

btw learn to spell

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
I presume he means the extremists.
i think he is just generally against them and knows them by there stereotypes

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
i think he is just generally against them and knows them by there stereotypes
lol

(ps. *their)

boris

Banned
HSC
What exactly is there country.

there are muslims who are true blue aussie too

you are an idiot

btw learn to spell
Shut the hell up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)