Polygamy in Australia... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Maybe he means that there'd be less focus on one person, so you wouldn't have as much opportunity to get pissed at each other and argue, and when you did, you could just spend time with your other wife (or husband).

HSC
No, I don't think it should be legal. Law books are becoming thick enough. If people want to sex more than one person and live with them, go ahead. But I don't see how legalising it will benefit society. It's not as if it's a minority group. I think it's pointless imo.

It could also produce higher domestic violence rates, and homicide i.e. crazy bitch going crazy and bashing the other wife with a wooden roller to death, husband enters, gets bashed, then wife one suicides.

Think Medea (even though she wasn't consenting, it's plausible).

Name_Taken

HSC
No, I don't think it should be legal. Law books are becoming thick enough.
I am strongly against it, but that has got to be like the lamest reason against it, I mean seriously...

If people want to sex more than one person and live with them, go ahead. But I don't see how legalising it will benefit society. It's not as if it's a minority group. I think it's pointless imo.
Same as gay "marriage" but it hasn't stoped them from trying.

HSC
I am strongly against it, but that has got to be like the lamest reason against it, I mean seriously...
It's like a figure of speech, k, guy. What I'm trying to say is that there is no need to complicate and make an issue out of something that does not call for it. Do I need to spoon feed you further, literal larry?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
No, I don't think it should be legal. Law books are becoming thick enough. If people want to sex more than one person and live with them, go ahead. But I don't see how legalising it will benefit society. It's not as if it's a minority group. I think it's pointless imo.

It could also produce higher domestic violence rates, and homicide i.e. crazy bitch going crazy and bashing the other wife with a wooden roller to death, husband enters, gets bashed, then wife one suicides.

Think Medea (even though she wasn't consenting, it's plausible).
What if aboriginal culture had traditionally polygamous marriages? :eek:

Name_Taken

HSC
It's like a figure of speech, k, guy. What I'm trying to say is that there is no need to complicate and make an issue out of something that does not call for it. Do I need to spoon feed you further, literal larry?
'Sif the law is complicated already beyond the understanding of the average person anyway. Adding a few more footnotes and extra passages here and there isn't going to kill anyone, just going to give lawyers an excuse to bill more.

I agree with you that it should not be legalised, but not because it would be too much effort to actually instate it.

HSC
'Sif the law is complicated already beyond the understanding of the average person anyway. Adding a few more footnotes and extra passages here and there isn't going to kill anyone, just going to give lawyers an excuse to bill more.

I agree with you that it should not be legalised, but not because it would be too much effort to actually instate it.
You are going to make me cry. I am not being literal. I am talking about the issue as an INTANGIBLE CONCEPT here, not what's written on paper or to be written on paper, or how much it's going to cost, or how much effort it will take to legalise it. Here it is in a way you might understand what I'm saying: It just doesn't need to be mandated.

Last edited:

Anonymous-

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why the fuck do I need permission from the government to be married to multiple woman. fuck off cunts.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Maybe he means that there'd be less focus on one person, so you wouldn't have as much opportunity to get pissed at each other and argue, and when you did, you could just spend time with your other wife (or husband).
Exactly.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i've been watching Big Love lately, polygamy looks pretty awesome, guranteed pussy every single night.

HSC
i've been watching Big Love lately, polygamy looks pretty awesome, guranteed pussy every single night.
Yeah, 'cause that's totally the point. Lol.

Seriously though, does it have a place in Australian culture, or is it too different?

zaxmacks

HSC
But more wives means you have to experience multiple 'time of the month's. And we all know how fun that is~

themonalisa

HSC
Everyone on this thread is an idiot.

We should abolish the institution of marriage and instead create "civil unions"

so u can get with whoever, or how many ever people you want regardless of age/race/sex/ethnicity/religion/education etc etc.

Michael Sandel discussed this idea in one of this Harvard justice series - u should look into it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Yeah, 'cause that's totally the point. Lol.

Seriously though, does it have a place in Australian culture, or is it too different?
Of course it fucking has a place in our culture. That's like saying "Does atheism have a place in our culture or is it too different?" Only the people opposed to it will say no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)