Popular Culture (1 Viewer)

miss_pie

HSC
is ANYONE doing McDonals? perhaps it's just my school. anyways, if anyone is doind it im after notes and stuff, or someone to swap notes with.

jessum

HSC
grrrrrr im doing mtv. its heaps dumb, our teacher was like "we'll split u up into groups and yuo can each do ur own and then teach it to the class" so lucky us, we get to do a mountain of work and then probably stuff up the exam coz mtv isnt really a great pop culture to relate everything to.
argh.
just had to whinge.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I did Coca-Cola last year, it was really interesting actually, and there was a lot of information about it, especially online...

xotic_rose

wow... what a coincidence? i am doing mtv too!! :p but strangely enough, i think that choosing our own pop culture is better than doing one with the whole class. and uno how competitive our class is. i think we r coming something like 5th with a mark of bloody 90%. imagine if we were all doing the same pop culture. we would be regurgitating the same info. how hard would it be for our teacher to distinguish between us?
later dude

jessum

HSC
yes but that 90% and 5th ranking was the end of year 11. i think you've forgotten that i conveniently got 15/20 for our first assessment, pushing me down to somewhere near last. hooray for me. maybe ill win the half yearly. i doubt it.

mishka

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

We're doing Barbie at our school. We have 9 people in our class!! I had my 1/2 yrly today and there were 2 q's on Pop. Cult. One was 20 marks and the other 10 marks. Then we had 30 marks for Soc. Cont and Change including two 10 mark responses, 4 definitions, explanation of "power" and something else, but I can't remember!!!

What other elective are you doing? We're doing Belief Systems and focusing on Buddhism cos we did Vietnam (doesn't everyone!!) for the Core.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
We did teen movies... it was fun we got to watch bend it like beckham, not another teen moive, zoolander and some strange movies based in the 60's.

kylie_robbo

Not everyone does Vietnam... My class did the Vatican City. But ofcourse, I didn't listen well enought to understand the useless information, so I am going to teach myself Vietnam out of the textbook before Tuesday afternoon when my half-yearly is.

Jillby

yay mishka

my school is doing barbi too im so glad we arent the only school i thought we were!!! we arent very far into it yet though im kinda apprehensive coz barbis are abit , well not my thing!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jillby
my school is doing barbi too im so glad we arent the only school i thought we were!!! we arent very far into it yet though im kinda apprehensive coz barbis are abit , well not my thing!!
Yeah the history is interesting - if it's not really ur thing, you could analyse it differently to put a spin on it.....

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
i think it is much better to choose your own topic, choosing something that you are interested in makes it so much easier to bullshit effectivly, and thats really what this course is all about. they way we did ours was that each person had to give a presentation about there research and they were definetly the most interesting speches i have been forced to listen to in a classroom

Princess Max

HSC
My class did Rap/Hip-Hop Music. It was really interesting, but if you're not interested in it it gets really really annoying after a while. (mainly when you have to try and understand all the jive talk in the lyrics) But its funny to hear your teacher reading the lyrics to a 50 cent song, swearing and all, when she's like 55 and taught your mum in her HSC!!! LOL :)

jeska

yeah, my school is also doing macdonalds... i've only just started but, so the notes are non-existent at this point

mummie

HSC
wow well.... our class is doing surfing. does any one have any notes?!?!

Amy-ish

HSC
Well Rock n Roll is in the text book, only problem is it's only a very short chapter and there's only so much you can get out of it
My advise is to do something really really easy, where a few amount of information can be gathered
I just finished Pop Culture studies, and I did Industrial Music and Myspace
I got 18/20 for the myspace essay and the music one was just an in class thingy. We were allowed to pick, the other class had to do Punk Music

Hmmm Surfing, that could really work. Just do the whole Local-National-Global scale, which is like a history of the culture. I don't have any notes to help with surfing, but I'm sure Wikipedia may help a wee bit :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)