Port Stephens 2006!!! (1 Viewer)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Me n some friends are tossing round the idea of going to Port Stephens for Schoolies. Who else might be going up there? And where bouts and when?

If anyone's already been up there for their schoolies wat was it like? I expect nothing like the Gold Coast but where there other groups up there? Good beaches? Good Bottle Shops? lol... etc

AntonTheswan

Emisary Of The Gorgonites
From the forest itself comes the handle for the ax
HSC
I was going to Byron first week and then back to chill at a friends apartment in Port stephens for a while. I'm not even considering it part of my schoolies. I got the impression that you need a heap of mates with you to make it any good. Good luck with it anyway.

Why port stephens, if you don't mind me asking, it seems like an odd choice?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
No idea really. Yeh we're a big group of about 9 ppl (boys n girls). Most of them dont want the extreme nature of the Gold Coast, they want it a bit quieter, so we were thinking either Port Macquarie or Port Stephens, no idea which would be more fun though.

I'd get bored with the same group, u know wat I mean? I just wanted to see which of these two places had more ppl interested in going there, so that we can book a place, probably during the second week of schoolies...

Any one?

ane_st

HSC
im going to Port Stephens... well at least i think so.. by the time my friends organise everything.. well yeah... apparently its nice there.. but i dont really care where we go as long as the essentials are there :p...

Clarebare

HSC
I'm going up to my holiday house in Nelson Bay with a couple of friends for a week or two. I'm going to Surfers and Byron as well though. There aren't all that many bottleshops in Port, it's fairly small. There is a liquorland in the Nelson shopping district though. Lots of rsl and footy clubs also.

Don't think that too many people will be going up, but it should be fun anyway :)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Yeh, my group will probably be going up from the 24th November for seven nights, i think we leave on the 1st or 2nd - you do the math.

and yeh, we will probably be heaps close to Nelson Bay and the main town area there... near the RSL and stuff like that.

I've heard that this year for the first time the RSL might be organisin a week of schoolies events to try and get everyone going up there, so it'll be awesome! Bring all your friends and then itll be great to meet other schoolies n stuff...They advertise DJs, live bands, themed parties etc etc so it should be awesome :p

The more schoolies the merrier! When r u guys thinking of going up? Apparently this year's HSC finishes on like the 17th so our formal is gonna be the week afer that and that friday of the week after hsc ends is when we are going up. I think thats when most ppl will be going up....

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
People have done schoolies up here before.

There are enough bottle-o's to keep everyone going...the one at the rsl, tavern, sleaze-breeze, slamander centre, little salamander, anna bay, thats all i can think of (not that im a local or anything =p)

Be warned though, the nightlife is pretty ordinary - most people tend to be at the Country Club and then into the rsl later on. Thats about it unfortunately.

Have fun anyway :p

HSC
Hey,
We are staying in shoal bay (i think that is nearby). We are going from the 26Nov - 3 Dec and it would be great if we could meet up with some other schoolies people in the same area.

Last edited:

Clarebare

HSC
I'm going from the 9th of Dec, not sure when I'm leaving yet. I think by that point most people will have already left.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
We're goin up to Nelson Bay from the 24th November and comin back down on the 2nd December or somethin like that....

would love to see more ppl goin up.. this year they are planning schoolies events at the rsl with parties etc so it should be heeaaps good :D

neone else coming up? we should all get together and plan a big beach party or somethin, that'd be soooooooo kool.... :p

Tazball

HSC
hey everyone

i live at salamander bay. if your thinking that there is night life around this place think again. there isnt much to do around here trust me. although if your just wanting to kick back and relax well its the place for you. the beaches are great - recommend shoal bay. if your going to stay anyway shoal bay is where you want to be (country club etc). i suggest you come with a big group 15 or so peeps because then you can entertain yourselves if there isnt anything to do, which is more than likely. Dont get me wrong its a nice place to live if you 17 or below.
Have fun whatever you guys end up doing - remember its the time to let your hair down...

jtoseski

HSC
Hey evryone,

me and a group of 7 guys are heading up to port stephens in the first or second week of schoolies. hopefully we will see u there, we staying there for 8 days I think...

good luck with ur exams.

-Jono

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
mad, another group :D

see if u can get us the exact dates mate.. and where abouts at Port Stephen's you'll be staying - that way it'll be easier to organise some parties :)

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
me and 8 other girls went up to nelsons bay for 10 days over schoolies ... it was dead ... there wasnt much to do at night, cept the karaoke night at the pub, during the day its good though the weather was awesome and the beaches too

its a nice place to go if you want a laid back schoolies, with not much action, or parties :p

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
thanks dude :)

I'm still waiting for more ppl to alert the rest of us that they are coming up tho. if u dont tell us ur coming how else are we gonna plan massive beach parties etc etc etc??! lol

Monz

HSC
It's kool, i'm gonna have a party sometime, don't ask what week, but yeah...oh beach party has to be at fingal ;) kk?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hehehe, as long as its in the week im there then ill b happy... :p ok ok fingal it is.... but then u promise that if we make our own beach party maybe up at shoal then u'll come up for that yeh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)