Portrait of a lady (1 Viewer)

*IcePrincess*

HSC
:mad1: I absolutely hate this text! It took me two months just too read because I kept falling asleep and now my teacher is telling me I need to read it again to find quotes to do with money, marriage and women. And I can't find any sites that will help.

Is anyone else having trouble with this one?
Does anyone have quotes I can use?

HSC
I agree. It's a brick. An evil brick. Full of annoying characters.
Except Ralph. I like Ralph.

To do with money, you might like to look at the scene where she gets the inheritence.
Marriage, contrast the three men and her entrapment in the marriage.
Women, perhaps also the entrapment, the freedom of Henrietta and Mrs Touchett, contrast the domesticity of Madame Merle.
I don't have my page references here though, sorry D:

BangloBimbo

HSC
have u been to sparks notes, they have sone good quotes... PS: d book wsnt dat bad, volume two got interesting i thought.. nehu Gluck

HSC
I think that translates as "Anyhoo goodluck" (took me a minute to get that though >.>)

I really don't like this whole module in general D:

*IcePrincess*

HSC
I don't mind the module actually, since now my class (all two of us) have finally finished all the texts we're going to do. It's also become a lot easier now cos we're having two lessons a week instead of one and once you've done all the texts it's easier to point out the similarities and pick up a line of arguement.
Portrait of a Lady got easier too... I listened to it on tape rather than trying to slog through it again. It's definately the best way to go! And sparknotes is the best! Got me through adv topping the class as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)