post grad jobs (1 Viewer)

ascentyx

HSC
pretty much i'm doing actuarial and finance @ macquarie and i'm wondering about applying for internships and then finally for jobs when i near the end of my degree. marks aren't my biggest problem because i know i can work hard and get good results but my main problem is the extra curricular and work experience type stuff. i haven't worked for 5 years or so and that was doing paper deliveries so officially i haven't really had a job. in terms of extra curricular all i've done is played soccer for 11 years or so, i'm doing the glp program and i might do mentoring.

should i be desperately trying to work somewhere so i have work experience or should i not worry about it?, btw money isn't really a problem.

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
pretty much i'm doing actuarial and finance @ macquarie and i'm wondering about applying for internships and then finally for jobs when i near the end of my degree. marks aren't my biggest problem because i know i can work hard and get good results but my main problem is the extra curricular and work experience type stuff. i haven't worked for 5 years or so and that was doing paper deliveries so officially i haven't really had a job. in terms of extra curricular all i've done is played soccer for 11 years or so, i'm doing the glp program and i might do mentoring.

should i be desperately trying to work someone so i have work experience or should i not worry about it?, btw money isn't really a problem.
Get a job. Employers need to know you can work in a team, and are easy to work with etc.

Also getting a job will fill up your resume and ensure the interviewers have something to talk about during your interview. Furthermore, it will make you look less green.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)