post grad (1 Viewer)

tam_macca_fan

ok, i know its prob a bit early to be considering my future (im first yr BSc at newcastle, studying biology, chemistry, maths and psychology), but i think i want to go on after my bachelor and do post grad studies...or whatever i need to do to be a lecturer and lab demonstrator and stuff....
so how do i go about it, what sorta marks do i need, and so forth...oh and what can i do with a straight science degree if i dont do post grad?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Go have a look at the recent thread about becomnig a Professor - it'll answer many of your questions. :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by tam_macca_fan
ok, i know its prob a bit early to be considering my future (im first yr BSc at newcastle, studying biology, chemistry, maths and psychology), but i think i want to go on after my bachelor and do post grad studies...or whatever i need to do to be a lecturer and lab demonstrator and stuff....
so how do i go about it, what sorta marks do i need, and so forth...oh and what can i do with a straight science degree if i dont do post grad?
if you what to get into academia (lecturing, research etc), you'll probably need to have completed an Honours degree in Science as a bare minimum...then probably do a Research Masters while you are employed by the uni

you should PM CM_Tutor with this (unless he's seen this first) - he's the resident post-grad expert here (he's doing his PhD now if im not mistaken)

edit: he's already seen it :p

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Tam_Macca_Fan: If you have any more questions, I don't mind if you follow Minai's suggestion and PM me, or post them here. :)

Minai: You are the second person to quote me in a sig. this week! Am I really that quotable?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)