Post your Major Work! (1 Viewer)

Caboodles

I dunno about posting mine now

Argh after seeing everyone elses artworks I am a tad hesitant to post mine, but I will post em later.......I have to stick them all together into one big picture!:)

Last edited:

your_crutch

Well, there is a button there that takes you to a photo of the COMPLETE work, but if you don't have flash then it wont work.

Serg01

here is mine :D

Hey people... sorry for the late postings... anyways this is just one small part of mine... two of them (the really plain ones) I didnt hand in, they were just testing ones... but the last one(kjb), the one which is not the plain one I printeed out 23 with a letter on the top left to spell out "all.alone.is.all.we.are' i did 3 body of works, this is one... unfortunatly my i cannot post my other ones cuase I dont have a pic :(

I did 3 paintings, One scuplture and this ismage 23 times.. so yea.. :D:D

O yea.. in these images I 'appropriated' Francis Bacon...

Last edited:

Serg01

my concept is the more deep side of emotion.. however I dispite going into that field cuase i think it is a BIT cliche'd... o well

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I was complimenting you, heaps of digital stuff is .. unoriginal garbage, it's obvious looking at your stuff that you have just learnt some things for yourself and adapted them to your own style :)

Choctop

Okay, after months of hiding behind the rest of you amazingly talented artists (Not-That-Bright, I'm looking at you!), I've decided to put up a bit of my artwork. The theme was Alice In Wonderland. I did mostly digital photography. The photos I've put up are 'postmodern interpretations' (lame, I know) of Tweedledum and Tweedledee, then the scene where Alice finds the bottle that says 'Drink Me' and lastly I took the looking glass bit and twisted it around so that my Alice is trapped in (or maybe out! oooh subjectiiiiiive!) the looking glass. I did some other scenes as well but I can't be bothered putting them up.

Two more things:

- The girls in the first photo aren't twins. It's digital magic.
- My apologies for the poor quality of the first photo. I had to shrink the size and thus the quality.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
very nice :)
did you use your own textures on the hands for 'looking glass', if so i'd look for sharper textures with more contrast for a better effect.

Choctop

Actually I took the photo using a glass door. I just got 'Alice' to stand inside with the door closed with her hands pressed up against it and snapped away. She was looking into the sun, so instead of looking kind of shocked she's looking more evil... anyway, the actual photo was a bit mediocre, so I played around with the levels in Photoshop and made it all contrasty, very Caravaggio ;) and then the last thing that I did was copy and paste her hand (and blend it in nicely of course) because one of her hands got lost in the whole editing process. All in all, it's quite a doctored picture.

Choctop

Well I guess the concept behind the Tweedles was popular people, the whole 'clique' concept- you can see in the pose that they're not looking very friendly, rather haughty in fact. Then it was easier to push that concept through (argh art teacher speak) using those particular characters because they dress the same, look the same, act the same- definitely a clique-y trait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)