Post your Work Experience Places (1 Viewer)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
little-fongie said:
lol im also gonna answer your post

Depending on what you choose it is pretty boring and a waste of time BUT you will find later on its really good - espcially if you, like me, don't have a job but apply for cadetships/scholarships and need something to talk about. You can say work experience (even if its not in the career you want to pursue) gave you customer service skills, effective communication skills, leadership, teamwork and greater responsibility etc.

Also depending where you go might determine how nice the people are and the workload - if you go to a preschool like me there isnt much you arent qualified to do so you pretty much work (play games) all day but its fun and the staff/kids are nice - my friend went to a vet clinic, she just sat around all day (very boring) or watched an operation (optional) or followed the nurse or cleaned yucky stuff, and i dont think the staff were a pleasure to be around.
ohh I see. So I gues it would be best to take work experience then. I think I'll do it in the last week of school, because nobody goes to school and all we do is clean. :uhhuh: Whats a cadetship?

little-fongie

HSC
nerdsforever said:
ohh I see. So I gues it would be best to take work experience then. I think I'll do it in the last week of school, because nobody goes to school and all we do is clean. :uhhuh: Whats a cadetship?
It's when you study (usually part time) while you are employed with a company. You get some finanical support and experience within the career you want to pursue. Alot of people don't like them because of the the restrictions and prefer scholarships. So far i only know of Accounting/business cadetships but im sure there are more in other areas. Also, they involve an interview process.

Do a search to find out more and see what people say about them. There are also information evenings some of the companies hold to tell people about their cadetships program - your career's adviseor would probably tell you more in year 12.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you for whoever started this thread ^_^

Umm..
Im going to

University of Technology, Sydney - Laboratory Science ^_^

alan7948

HSC
melissa92 said:
Thank you for whoever started this thread ^_^

Umm..
Im going to

University of Technology, Sydney - Laboratory Science ^_^
no worries. i have a friend also going there, i think he is doing something regarding science

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
I wanted to go to my sister's accounting company (Deloitte), but I ended up going to a library :(

bawd

HSC
I would have loved to do work experience at a bookstore (mainly to try to get a job for the sake of discounts on books lol), Law Firm, magazine company, newspaper company, TV company and others of the sort, but I ended up at a real estate agent.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
As far as I know (at least it was like this when I was in year 10) you don't have to do work experience if you don't want to, I never did in year 10. Unless you are doing a course which actually says you have to like at my school that was childhood studies and business services or something like that.

jirwin

HSC
pritnep - u are correct :p.

child studies in yr 10 (preschools obviously) and business services - work education in yr 9. unfortunately i did both those courses and didnt want to do work experience at all. i did my business services at a newsagency - it sucked!

G

gmail92

Myers in the city

only thing is that the hours are 9-6 >< and i dont live anywhere near the city

is2buddaflies

madness the magnet
HSC
i am really desperately looking for work experience at a hopsital in western syd. but all of them keep on rejecting me any ideas ??

G

gmail92

well its already really late for work experience now, and especially for hospitals and stuff. Usually you have to try for hospitals really early on. I assume most of the hospitals eg. Westmead, are fully booked already. Good luck finding one though

MedKid

HSC
Work Experience Oh yehhhh Can't Wait!!! 17th-21st November
Liverpool Hospital W00t!!! :graduate:

any1 else going to a hospital?

SweetIchigo9

HSC
I really want to do work experience at the airport!!
do you think there are any work experience placements lefT?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You have to book really really early for all the good ones (eg. airport, hospitals, large companies). If you're considering those now, then book for next year because there's absolutely NO chance of getting in now so late.

Btw I'm doing my at Fairfax newspapers :)

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
Yes.
I went to a law firm.
If anyone wants the name of the law firm just msg me or something..
I probably wont post it publically because its my mums managers client/s
I went there during may for work experience. It was really good, i attended court almost everyday.. and they teach you about attending court and everything else.

jayz1

HSC
Meriton Serviced Apartments, sounds like it's going to be pretty bludgy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)