• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Posture (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
In the HSC or when you did your trial HSC,

Let's assume when we are sitting straight i.e the plane of our body when perpendicular to the floor is 00.

Would you sit about 450 to 700 forwards and suffer from bad posture but you don't appear to look at other people's papers or would you lean about 100 back and appear to have a wider view of other people's papers and be faced with suspicion from examination supervisors ?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Forbidden. said:

Let's assume when we are sitting straight i.e the plane of our body when perpendicular to the floor is 00.

Would you sit about 450 to 700 forwards and suffer from bad posture but you don't appear to look at other people's papers or would you lean about 100 back and appear to have a wider view of other people's papers and be faced with suspicion from examination supervisors ?
i`m about 45.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
There are usually three types of hsc exam students.

1. Those that slump
2. Those that sit straight
3. Those that do a combination.

I was combination depending on the subject/length of exam.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
pritnep said:
There are usually three types of hsc exam students.

1. Those that slump
2. Those that sit straight
3. Those that do a combination.

I was combination depending on the subject/length of exam.
Ditto. :)

HSC
combo of positions ftw. and you have to look around. my ass and neck get really really stiff if theyve been in the same position for too long. like right now im sitting with my left leg crossed under my right stretched leg. so soon enough, my spine will need realigning, and when i get pins and needles, ill change positions.

/end ramble

pretty much, if you need to look around, raise your head slightly so it doesnt look like youre cheating.

williams180

HSC
Forbidden. said:

wtf just do the paper.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I would sometimes hold my head up with one hand write with the other. or lay my head on the desk and still write - mind you this is for heavy essay subjects.

~untitled~

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Leaning back ftw. Also turning around during the exam is good.
Yea, and youve got to make sure you have a chat to the person next to you as well. 3 hours is a long time to sit there doing nothing but writing.

I normally half lean on my desk, with my head just off the table so i can see what im writing, it probably looks like im trying to see the work of the person next to me, but its comfy.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i'm all over the place, crossing my legs, sitting on my legs, leaning on my chin, leaning forward and writing furiously
leaning back and writing furiously
looking around and glaring at the examiners because they're old and smelly and stand around giggling with each other and slurping their free coffee WHILST I AM TRYING TO WRITE ABOUT JOURNEYS SO FUCK OFF
yes that happened to me in an exam, drove me bonkers, yet i managed to get a 14/15 on that journeys essay that they disrupted me on? hmmm....maybe they should disrupt me more often

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I once had an exam in year 8 or something and we didn't care because it was year 8 so everyone was leaning way back in their chairs not particularly concentrating or making any effort and the supervisor went off and yelled at us to sit up straight.

HSC
i pity the poor people that sit next to me in exams. i'm just heaps restless...all over the shop, i change so many times just to get comfortable, ending up changing after every few questions anyway then try to get comfortable again so the cycle continues :eek:

starrysky

HSC
I tend to alternate positions a lot; mostly slumping over the desk, concentrating more on the question at hand than on the fact that I might be moulding my spine dangerously, but meh. I can never "sit on my legs" because they're too long, and it feels more uncomfortable than sitting with them crossed.

I've never looked around at an exam. EVER. Mostly because the supervisors tend to be really distracting, and I want to fucking kill them because they make more noises than the entire hall turning pages simultaneously. What. The. Fuck.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
So I wonder how weird I feel when I stretch my arms while leaning forward at the same time ... =\

starrysky said:
I tend to alternate positions a lot; mostly slumping over the desk, concentrating more on the question at hand than on the fact that I might be moulding my spine dangerously, but meh. I can never "sit on my legs" because they're too long, and it feels more uncomfortable than sitting with them crossed.

I've never looked around at an exam. EVER. Mostly because the supervisors tend to be really distracting, and I want to fucking kill them because they make more noises than the entire hall turning pages simultaneously. What. The. Fuck.
They chitty-chat-chat and in return I make Darth Vader breathing noises.

Any moment now Without Wings will swoop on this thread like a falcon and seize those poor posters who are makign off-topic posts.

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Forbidden. said:
They chitty-chat-chat and in return I make Darth Vader breathing noises.
LOL &yes i fear WW :eek:

I dont think i move much during my exams actually - i'll see what happens during the first paper :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)