Pot Trials/ Pre HSC Stress/Depression- Need Estimate (1 Viewer)

TimesThree

Hey guys,

I cocked up my Trials ever so badly, Im on the warpath now, so hoping to achieve better in the externals.

Heres what Im at now. These are my raw school assesment marks, I know my scaled marks for 3U maths for example, but Im listing only my raw marks for the whole year to give an overall standardised picture. Also, my school refuses to give out ranks, so thats out of the picture.

English 2 Unit Advanced- 86%
English Extension 1- 84%
Mathematics 2 Unit Advanced- 67%
Mathematics Extension 1- 63%
Business Studies- 72%
Physics- 74%
IPT- 76%

Now, I can guess my ranks aren't crash hot at all, for my Trials in Maths, I came 110/130 in 2Unit and 110/133 in 3Unit. I absolutely bombed each and every one of my Trials, and wasn't going that well in assesments during the year either.

Now, if anyone can give me an estimate it would be much appreciated as I'm in this shocking state where I hae no clue whats going to happen to me once I get all my Uni courses rejected.

I go to a top 3 school and have a target UAI of 91.xx

If you want an indiccation of my schools mean, I believe it was around the 97 mark for the last 2 years. But they say we're a little bit below that this year. I must be pulling it down.

Thanks.

Vuki

HSC
Haha, I wouldn't worry those aren't as bad as you make them out to be...I can't give you a UAI estimate - but how could you possibly know your 'scaled' 3 unit mark?

TimesThree

Vuki said:
Haha, I wouldn't worry those aren't as bad as you make them out to be...I can't give you a UAI estimate - but how could you possibly know your 'scaled' 3 unit mark?

School raw scaled.

I got 23/50 on my exam paper, like right on there.

Then everyone was scaled, I think to move the average up or something, not entirely sure.

I ended up with 33/50

My mate who got 40/50, got 45/50

Another who got 17/50, got 28/50

Maybe scaled isn't the right term...but this is what we'l be getting on our Yearly report now.

By the way..it is as bad as I make it out to be :p

Im not touching 90's UAI by the looks of things.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
i agree with vuki... it's not the end of the world.
top 3 schools are all v good schools, so make the most of the teachers and other students while you can ( "group study" aka note leeching :)). i wouldn't worry about an estimate unless it means a lot to you, just put the preferences you want for now, and you can change them if you feel the need after you get your UAI.
good luck :)

TimesThree

mervvyn said:
i agree with vuki... it's not the end of the world.
top 3 schools are all v good schools, so make the most of the teachers and other students while you can ( "group study" aka note leeching :)). i wouldn't worry about an estimate unless it means a lot to you, just put the preferences you want for now, and you can change them if you feel the need after you get your UAI.
good luck :)
Haha leeching, I did that before my Trials, just never made nothng of it unfortunately.

As for the estimate, at least I have some guidelines and won't be stupid in putting in UAI's of 90's when I have no chance.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
TimesThree said:
Haha leeching, I did that before my Trials, just never made nothng of it unfortunately.

As for the estimate, at least I have some guidelines and won't be stupid in putting in UAI's of 90's when I have no chance.
my point was more or less that you get your number into the UAC system, and then you can change your preferences ad nauseum if you want to until january 5 - "stupid" ones or otherwise. Personally, optimism isn't stupid, it's believing in yourself against the odds, which is part of the whole mind game that the HSC is. I'm going for medicine even though my odds of getting in are pretty slim, but i had to be able to tell myself that i tried.

TimesThree

Tommy_Lamp said:
ranks would help alot
As I said before, school just keeps telling us they cant give us ranks.

They only offer Trial ranks, and as you can see from my Maths, theyre quite similar.

Off the top of my head, only other one I know for my Trials is IPT, 3/5

This is also my rank for the whole course, as it is such a small class, we all know how each other performs.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
they cant give you internal assessment marks but they SHOULD give you ranks.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
actually, they are technically ALLOWED to give it to you but because the majority of people don't know how the HSC assessment is created, the school doesnt disclose it. It causes lots of problems, such as people complaining that their assessment mark "changed".

TimesThree

Argh, I don't even understand the ranks you guys are talking about anymore.

Either way, the school isn't giving us anything except Trial ranks. Nothing.

So its not possible to give an estimate from what I have posted ?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I would say you are on the borderline of getting your target UAI.

Because you are in a top 3 school, i.e. the majority of the students are extremely acedemic, thus your rank although may not look good,, when compared to the rest of the state isn't that bad.

Whether you'd achieve your target UAI would depend a lot of your HSC exam.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
TimesThree said:
Argh, I don't even understand the ranks you guys are talking about anymore.

Either way, the school isn't giving us anything except Trial ranks. Nothing.

So its not possible to give an estimate from what I have posted ?
wont your school give you a final rank for your report?

if so, post them up here later so a more accurate prediction can be made...also try SAM

TimesThree

~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
wont your school give you a final rank for your report?

if so, post them up here later so a more accurate prediction can be made...also try SAM
Yo Irani,

Nah, on our final report all we get is the mark from our Trial and rank from our Trial.

Ragerunner, yeah, thanks for that dude.

Edit- We have a letter saying we can collect our ranks from our deputy on the 12th of November ...

Last edited:

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
try not to worry too much Omani, just do your best and have faith in ur school :p

Last edited:

TimesThree

~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
try not to worry too much Omani, just do your best and have faith :p

Yea we'll see ay.

Looks like you won't have much trouble beating me now :(.

Last edited:

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
TimesThree said:
Yea we'll see ay.

Looks like you won't have much trouble beating me now :(.
as if

can u get over it? your marks aren't even that bad! i got 70s for like everything cept 2u maths...you're gonna be fine ;)

TimesThree

~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
as if

can u get over it? your marks aren't even that bad! i got 70s for like everything cept 2u maths...you're gonna be fine ;)

Shutup Maths geek.

And no, I shall not get over "it"

Die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)