prac questions in theory exams (1 Viewer)

Dangar

I'm trying to write up all my notes and summaries and I'm not sure how much detail the exam questions can ask you about the pracs on the syllabus. Are we supposed to remember the whole thing...the aim, method, results and everything? Or would just a discussion of the results be ok? Does anyone know??

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
we often get asked prac exams in our assessments, and they can be worth quite a bit.. 4 marks, 5 marks etc.
you dont need to know it in a typical 'prac-format' eg aim.method.results etc, but you do need to know all the content; how you do it, what the results would be like and what would the results mean. The format often helps you to remember it better, but it's not necessary.

Insomniac

we're always gettin asked, how you could improve the prac, what errors could have been ... shit like that
dunno if they can ask that in the hsc, but if you learn a general case, you can apply to any prac ... like repetition to improve it etc.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Dangar
I'm trying to write up all my notes and summaries and I'm not sure how much detail the exam questions can ask you about the pracs on the syllabus. Are we supposed to remember the whole thing...the aim, method, results and everything? Or would just a discussion of the results be ok? Does anyone know??
In theory, you can be asked to describe a prac from start to finish. See Chemistry of Art last year!

But in practice, it will be a structured question where they give you data, and you explain how you would collect that data and analyse it. IIRC the first written question in phys last year was like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)