Prachett esp. Discworld (1 Viewer)

Bobman 21

I like the series very much and I'm wondering if anyone else likes (or hate, i don't really care) it. So feel free to discuss.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I own every single discworld novel/story, with the exception of the new 'younger readers' book 'Hat Full of Sky' (I think that that is the title). I sound like a true tosser, don't I?

Sorry, but I really do not feel like discussing anything, although you could always read my signature. :)

Last edited:

Saul

*ss
HSC
ive read several discworlds, and enjoyed them quite a bit. gut generally theyr'e pretty low quality, tending to use the same jokes in different situations again and again...

walrusbear

HSC
i've read pretty much all of them
and own most of them too

but i can't take it anymore.
reading pratchett makes me want to vomit, i'm so fucking sick of his style and stuff.
maybe i should come back to the discworld universe in about 20 years or something

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
I love the Discworld novels. :D

Erm, nothing really to discuss. Guess I'll go for the easiest: favourite book has to be Thief of Time and favourite character - besides Death because he's everyone's favourite character - would have to be Susan or Ook.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Fav Character besides death- Luggage :D

Read quite a few of them, love them. But then, I love Monty Python, Hitchhikers, and all that good traditional humour/satire stuff.

Saul

*ss
HSC
monty python and hitchhikers are genius, pratchet is jus trash fantasycomedy

Generator

HSC
N/A
They (the discworld books) are not that bad.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Actually, I must take Vimes above Luggage as well. He really is gold.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I didnt ever take to the discworld series, but i loved the ones about the gnomes or whatever they were, i think it was a trilogy Truckers, Diggers and Wings? i think they were the titles...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I would be very reserved in calling Adams a "genius", though I admit to always having preferred Pratchett.

I first read his work about three years ago, took me a month to get through the whole series (then). I now collect all his Discworld books in HB.

One thing I love about him over all others is that he completely avoids the romantic bent taken by so many fantasy authors (stupid dodgy types).

walrusbear

HSC
anyone noticed how quickly the quality of the hitchhikers series diminishes with each new book?
the first two are astounding
then the 3rd is mediocre
the 4th is insane
i don't think i even bothered reading mostly harmless

that said, pratchett gets stale

oh yeah, fave char. (aside from the obvious death) would probably be vimes.

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
DEATH is cool. i love him. more importantly i love carrot. he is stupid. the average male!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm surprised you can say he's your favourite character and still call him "stupid" (as opposed to "simple, not stupid" as Generator pointed out). You obviously need to read more Carrot. :p

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I'm surprised you can say he's your favourite character and still call him "stupid" (as opposed to "simple, not stupid" as Generator pointed out). You obviously need to read more Carrot. :p
lol...i like characters like him. they make me laugh with their nievity

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Reaper Man is my favourtie book in the discworld series. The Truth is also pretty good :D

Ryfry

HSC
I also enjoyed Reaper Man, but The Last Continent is probably my fave, along with anything else with Rincewind and the Senior Wizards. That said, can someone tell me what the first book to feature Ridcully and co. is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)