pRaCs???? (1 Viewer)

JuLiAaHHH

My class didnt seem to do many pracs for shipwrecks.. and i was wondering if anyone knew the procedure/experimental improvements and errors regarding:

- compare the corrosion rate of a variety of metals, including named modern alloys to identify those best suited for use in marine vessels

-identify the factors that affect the rate of electrolysis (i know this prob seems kinda obvious what you'd do.. but i dont want to get caught out if htey ask me a question on it.. and i say somethign that i read in a textbook that proves to the marker i havnt actually done it or if they ask about error or reliability)
Thanks heaps!

smallcattle

HSC
identify the factors that affect the rate of the electrolysis

-higher concentration of electrolyte, meaning more ions will be able to migrate through at faster rate, thus greater rate of electrolysis

-state of the electrolyte, often in aqueous, because ions can move readily. solid electrolyte allow for slower reaction since migration is slower. liquid state is rare because very high temp needed to maintain them, but they allow for very fast reaction due to high concentration of ions

-nature of electrodes, reactive metals will react more readily than inert ones. high surface area will mean a faster connection

JuLiAaHHH

thanx

thankyou! you should b called smartcattle.. ha.. ha.. sorry chem affecting the brain

rossmyhill

Also with rate of electrolysis conditions

- Surface area of electrodes

- distance between electrodes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)