practice essays - imaginative journey (1 Viewer)

tina_j

does anyone have any essay questions or practice essays for imaginative journey from teachers or from other places?
would be much appreciated
thankyou:cool:

Last edited:

QBeast

Weeell, I've got a really simple one??? Goes:
Discuss the concept of the Imaginative Journey using two poetic chosen texts, one item from the stimulus booklet and one other text of your own choosing.
lol, extremely basic, but i hope it helps!

tunat

Analyse, explain and assess the way journeys are represented in a variety of texts?

i hope that helps...its a main section of what we will be assessed on.

Lexi

HSC
N/A
How your understanding of the journey been increased by the techniques used by various composers?

Use your core text, one from the stimulus booklet, and two of your own choosing.

x.

"An imaginative journey can too often be dismissed as an indulgence with little purpose." Discuss with reference to the set text, 1 BOS stimulus item and two items of your own choosing.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Here is a question my class has been given to do an essay on for next week...practice of course!
"Coleridge's Imaginative journeys expand our understanding of the human experience"
- Discuss this statement with detailed reference to at least two poems.

Larrisa_Jones

"An imaginative journey can too often be dismissed as an indulgence with little purpose" Discuss with reference to an item from the stimulus booklet, the set text and 2 items of your own choosing

-That's what we got given, hope its some use!

zelda

Similar to the ones above but:

How has your understanding of imaginative journeys been shaped by the texts that you have studied?

You must refer to the ways composers have used techniques to relay their ideas about Imaginative journeys.

goo

essay question

'The texts which best represent the imaginative journey draw the reader into an imagined world which engages both the intellest and the emotions.'

Discuss with specific reference to ONE text from the Stimulus booklet, 'Journeys', your prescribed text and TWO other related texts of your own choosing.:cool:

laurie

Imaginative Journey Question

You are a Journalist for the Sydney Morning Herald. You have been asked to write a review of an exhibition at the State Library entitled Imaginative Journeys beyond reality. Imagine that texts studied for HSC Area of Study are amongst the exhibits in this collection.

Explore the concept of Imaginative Journeys assessing how each exhibit develops this understanding for the audience.

Base your discussion on the following exhibits: your prescribed text, one text from the Stimulus Booklet and TWO texts of your own choosing.

kapeche

"Imaginative journeys always transform us in some way"
Explore this statement referring to your prescribed text, one text from the BOS stimulus booklet and TWO texts of your own choosing.

keladry

lady knight
HSC
how's this one? its hard but...

"Imaginative journeys are limited by what, culturally, we are capable of imagining." Is this true, and to what extent, in the texts you have studied? Discuss with close reference to two Coleridge poems (Ancient Mariner, Kubla Khan), one piece from the stimulus booklet, and one text of your own.

carina

can anyone give me ideas on this essay statement..?

i think its hard.. =\

'imaginative journeys - the possibilities are unlimited'
discuss how this has been achieved in your set text, Stimulus Booklet and a range of supplementary material.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
what are ur supplementary texts and ur choice of the BOS text?

carina

i chose the time machine by HG Wells and Ever After(Film)
and Journ. into the Int. and my set text is Coleridge (Kubla Khan and Frost at Midnight)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, what aspect of the journey are u focussing on? maybe u should start another thread...this is meant to be for practice essays...btw what school do u go to?

carina

well thats true..i jus offered it as a practice essay but i thought i might as well get some ideas from it too.. =]

i go to st johns park HS..

Majikal

These essay questions have realy helped me out with my study, i got half yearlies on monday - same day as my bday, great huh! :( anyway, thanks guys - good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)