• No

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Katie123
We have a legal assesment in two weeks which is basically a known prepared essay question which we have to write under exam conditions without notes etc and then provide a bibliography and research notes As we all know the question our teacher has told us that he cannot help us with anypart of the question we can ask him questions about some things but nothing specific BUT a girl in the other class who is annoyingly over prepared wrote her essay already and gave it to her teacher to mark and then was given it back with basically full marks and suggestions for slight improvements. I dont think that this is fair that she had it seen and was able to get help when the rest of the 37 legal students didnt have any help. No one in our year knows yet cos i found out in afternoon class but they will when i tell them on monday cos i dont think that we should all suffer in marks cos she had help. Should the teacher have been more careful in spotting that this was the assessment question and should the whole year be given help as a result? OR should her marks be deducted
yeah will if you teachers said you couldnt ask heaps specific questions it ISNT fair.

But alot of people do get their essays and stuffmarked unfairly. i know for english our teacher said he wouldnt answer in class any questions about the test and one of my "friends" talked to our teacher for the entire lunch and got help and stuff

picaresque

HSC
The resources (ie. teachers, pre-preparation for essays) are available to everyone. Everyone is capable of writing an essay and asking for a teacher to mark it. Keep it in mind that this essay still may not get full marks during the exam because it's a different teacher marking it or because her memory is not as great as she would desire.

The exam/assessment structure might be highly stupid and exploitable - but don't hate her, hate the system.

token girl

HSC
Originally posted by virgin^sexy
i agree completely. it isn't an assessment task anymore, its a memory test and that is not what the hsc should be about.
since when? my whole entire preparation for physics and chem always has and will continue to be memorising answers to the syllabus points, because thats what we're getting tested on. if the teachers give out an assessment task where you can prepare and memorise, why not? If you think she's got an advantage, write your own and get it marked beforehand too.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by token girl
since when? my whole entire preparation for physics and chem always has and will continue to be memorising answers to the syllabus points, because thats what we're getting tested on. if the teachers give out an assessment task where you can prepare and memorise, why not? If you think she's got an advantage, write your own and get it marked beforehand too.
No, what she is saying is that she wouldn't be able to since her teacher said they couldn't ask specific questions.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
everyone has the same opportunity to write it at home and memorise it, then regurgitate it during the assessment.
however, i dont think the teacher should have gave her advice...its should be all or none.
Thanks for that

The whole point is that we research the topic according to the question that we are given .. in that we can write the essay prior to the assessment time however we were told by our teacher that
I agree with virgin sexy when it was said taht it becomes a memory test but all i am objecting to is her getting the question that she wrote marked
It
Originally posted by picaresque
The exam/assessment structure might be highly stupid and exploitable - but don't hate her, hate the system.
I dont hate her but i just think that it is unfair for me and the rest of the classes

token girl

HSC
so...write one and get it marked too? that way you're even. and yes, it is unfair of the teacher to mark it if they weren't supposed to give specific answers, but now that they have, why not take advantage of it?

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by Katie123
Thanks for that

The whole point is that we research the topic according to the question that we are given .. in that we can write the essay prior to the assessment time however we were told by our teacher that
I agree with virgin sexy when it was said taht it becomes a memory test but all i am objecting to is her getting the question that she wrote marked
did u ask the teacher to check your work? If this girl is prepared to take the iniciative and write the responce and then get in marked and use the criticism to improve their responce good for them i dont see why you would - or should be - be criticising them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)