pre-planned essays... who does em? (1 Viewer)

drama queen

many of my friends and many ppl on this board talk about regurgitating pre-planned essays and adapting them for the question, which is a fairly good idea.

I, however, just learn stuff, go into the exam and wing it. mainly cos i'm lazy as all hell and have no motivation to write an essay unless i'm under pressue (ie an exam or assessment).

who does write them? don't write them? and why.

dezzy

HSC
i memorised the 'structure' for 2 essays in the 2nd english paper.
i didnt memorise them word-for-word but i knew which quotes i was going to put where, and what order i discussed things in and stuff. so its kinda half a preplanned essay i guess?
its the first time ive done it and im glad i did...it was awsome

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
yeah im same as dezzy - i plan the structure of my essay and where im using quotes/examples etc but its impossible to learn an essay by heart and adapt it to the q
well for me it is anyway

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I just remember everything that has to be in the essay and then read the question and answer it by using everything i can. If i preplanned an essay i dont think it would work as well cuz every one is different and i find it easier just to know the facts and put them into the context of the right essay. Its easier just to memorise certain facts than a full essay. Well for me anyway

raidan

HSC
N/A
i do exactly what pussy_cat said, i cant remember an entire essay... to much to fit in my tiny little brain

licia

HSC
i tried the memorising a couple of times for english assessment through the year-it only worked to an extent, cos i got stressed about things like descriptive words unneccessarily and wasted time... for the hsc i remember structure and how i divide my essay, themes etc. yet i find my arguements rest on quotes so i spent the memorising time finding killer quotes or views and applying them to my essay... i also get a list of buzz words (good ole' thesaurus) to link it! :p

miss_pie

HSC
i did it for the 1st english exam and i fluked it and guessed the question! man i was cheering

sub

yeah i learn the structure of the essays grouping them into ideas, then u can rearrange them to suit the question - just use general groupings and it works REALLY well (usually - damn mod b!!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)