Pre-Uni Prelim Year 11 English - any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

V I Z E

HSC
N/A
Hello guys,

I'm planning on going Pre-Uni for the Year 11 English courses soon (closest tutoring center near where I live), and would like some decent feedback/review about it. (i.e. content, price, etc.)

Cheers,
V I Z E.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
are you going saturday classes or wednesday classes? teachers are different. 8 yrs pre uni experience. :) fml

V I Z E

HSC
N/A
Hey!

Not sure yet. Although either day would be fine.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
well in my experience all saturday classes were excellent, especially english and science. A lot was covered and you always remained weeks ahead of class. IMO english should be fine but mathematics could be a pain as you are just given questions to answer and not too much to debate or think about. Also since it is a class atmosphere, you can't really ask teachers questions, i am sure that pre uni still offers 1 to 1 and i found this great, I always spent an additional 30mins with 1 to 1 to revise on math i had gotten wrong. So whether it is english adv or ex1 go to 1 to 1 for sure to mark essays and get feedback. My favorite english teacher at pre uni is Mrs White, tall skinny mid 60s, maroon hair. She is great, excellent teacher and knows everything about all texts and novels. If she teaches, chances of scoring a high score in english will be much higher. also ask for the email of the teacher and send them essays or creatives once a fortnight if they are ok with it. What else u studying at Pre uni? Its at Macdonald college right?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
i started this thread about pre uni http://community.boredofstudies.org...eds/315157/pros-cons-pre-uni-strathfield.html, and it seems that a lot of the people on this forum do not support it for years 11 and 12. However i am not sure, i am in yr 10 myself. I went to pre uni from yr 3 to 9 and found it rather good, it provided me with good notes for science and essay writing and also taught english fairly in depth, however maths is the only downside imo.

V I Z E

HSC
N/A
Awesome thank you. I'm only going there for English. I'm already going somewhere else for Mathematics at the moment :)

V I Z E

HSC
N/A
Haven't decided yet, but probably going for longer than a term :p

And hopefully if I go I get that Ms White teacher, sounds like a very good tutor.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
no i meant term 1 course, pre uni teaches according to terms, i think term 1 starts on 27th and i think the last date for early bird special was yesterday. have u been pre uni before?

V I Z E

HSC
N/A
no i meant term 1 course, pre uni teaches according to terms, i think term 1 starts on 27th and i think the last date for early bird special was yesterday. have u been pre uni before?
Oh umm I think so. I haven't been to Pre-Uni before. But yeah, most likely going there for Term 1 course :D

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
kk, just work a bit extra to get the full benefit out of pre uni, like at a school you have to be self aware of what you should and need to be doing to make the most of your opportunities. I don't know much about pre uni statisitcs but they usually have a poster outside their branches showing 300 of their year 12 students with atars of 97+

V I Z E

HSC
N/A
kk, just work a bit extra to get the full benefit out of pre uni, like at a school you have to be self aware of what you should and need to be doing to make the most of your opportunities. I don't know much about pre uni statisitcs but they usually have a poster outside their branches showing 300 of their year 12 students with atars of 97+
Many thanks :)

I was going to go Ngo and Sons for English (apparently classes are held in Canley Heights) which is WAAAY TOO FAR, so yeah.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
there are also english tutors available on Bored of Studies, just make a thread 'looking for english tutor' and select! :p

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
only head office pre uni or strathfield one's are best. Other are crap imo

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
yea, that is north strathfield, that is the best :). Also a benefit of pre uni is that you can go to an unlimited amount of classes for the subject you are enrolled for. so for example if you go to a saturday class, you can also go to another class that teaches the same material again on another day, just with another teacher. no extra charge.

V I Z E

HSC
N/A
yea, that is north strathfield, that is the best :). Also a benefit of pre uni is that you can go to an unlimited amount of classes for the subject you are enrolled for. so for example if you go to a saturday class, you can also go to another class that teaches the same material again on another day, just with another teacher. no extra charge.
Excellent! :)
I found 2 classes (English + Physics) that fit like a snug on my timeframe for Saturday. Giving them a call in enrolling now :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)