Predict this year's HSC Question (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I thought we should predict this year's HSC question based on the syllabus points that haven't been asked.
So we can concentrate more on those areas.

My predictions are:
Ecosystem
Evaluate the management strategies of TWO ecosystems at risk and identify strategies implemented which minimise human impact.

Urban PLaces:
Explain the result of urban dynamics on Sydney's Social Character

People and Economic Activity

Predict the future trends of ONE economic activity in a global context.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hmm...got a feeling urban places are gonna ask about world cities, but i would love it if they ask about megacities
people and economic activity will prob be either 1 local enterprise of something about factors (technological, sociocultural etc)
ecosystem.....same as zenger69

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
My Teacher reckons:
E@R:Evaluate the traditional and contemporary management strategies of ONE/TWO ecosystems at risk that you have studied.

P&EA: Analyse the Internal and External linkages and flows of goods services people and ideas of an economic enterprise you have studied.

UP:Urban dynamics- Analyse an urban dynamics, operating in a country town or suburb
If not that one then maybe:Analyse the relationships of dominance and dependence between world cities and other urban centres and the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
The_highwayman said:
My Teacher reckons:
E@R:Evaluate the traditional and contemporary management strategies of ONE/TWO ecosystems at risk that you have studied.

P&EA: Analyse the Internal and External linkages and flows of goods services people and ideas of an economic enterprise you have studied.

UP:Urban dynamics- Analyse an urban dynamics, operating in a country town or suburb
If not that one then maybe:Analyse the relationships of dominance and dependence between world cities and other urban centres and the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town.
I thik they'll ask the Analyse the relationships of dominance and dependence between world cities and other urban centres and the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town. haven't asked that one yet.

isn't this cool:) because most of the questions have been asked.

although the 2004 Ecosystem question was a repeat, just changed the combination.

Analyse an urban dynamics, operating in a country town or suburb
But with this question there isn't a lot to say or write.
Initial --> Urban Dynamic --> CHanged

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
zenger69 said:
I thik they'll ask the Analyse the relationships of dominance and dependence between world cities and other urban centres and the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town. haven't asked that one yet.

isn't this cool:) because most of the questions have been asked.

although the 2004 Ecosystem question was a repeat, just changed the combination.

Analyse an urban dynamics, operating in a country town or suburb
But with this question there isn't a lot to say or write.
Initial --> Urban Dynamic --> CHanged
Referring to your urban dynamics.....i had to do an assessment by analysing urban dynamics in the suburb i live in...i had heaps to write about...urban decay urban consolidation spatial exclusion etc....i wouldnt be surprised if they put that ini the hsc

crystalmeth

HSC
N/A
Urban Places: The nature, character and spatial distribution of world cities

People and Economic Activity: The nature of the economic enterprise and linkages of people, goods, services and ideas within the economic enterprise

Ecosystems at Risk: Vulnerability and Resiliance of Ecosystems

Im gunna be the closest

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
I reckon

URBAN PLACES: a question linking dominance and dependence and global networks. our teacher said in 2002 global networks was very poorly understood, so they might throw it in this year. or maybe, a question asking to compare nature, character and spatial distribution of world cotoes and mega cities.

ECOSYSTEM: either vulnerability and resilience or management strategies.

ECONOMIC: um...i really dont know. could be anything i guess, except for the impacts of a global activity - that was last year.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
crystalmeth said:

People and Economic Activity: The nature of the economic enterprise and linkages of people, goods, services and ideas within the economic enterprise

Im gunna be the closest
hmm.... can you expand on your questions for Ecosystems.

I take my predicted question for ecosystems back because that was a Specimen HSc question.

tenfour

HSC
N/A
specimen papers

that's the exam that was given with the new hsc when it came out to jsut give a feel of it. you can get it from the BOS site. (real one)

tenfour

HSC
N/A
crystalmeth said:

Im gunna be the closest

What did chystalmeth mean by vulnerrability and resilience?

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Questions asked in the 2001 Speciment HSC were:

Ecosys: Evaluate the management approaches

Urban: Analyse the impacts of an urban dynamic operating in a country town or suburb.

PPL & Eco Act: Factors influencing the future directions of an economic activity.

There's goes two of my predictions.

Ecosys it looks like something to do with Vulnerability and Resilience

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newest Prediction:

Ecosys: Analyse the negative human impacts affecting the vulnerability and resilience of an ecosystem.

Urban: Analyse the urban dynamics affecting the social character of a large city

PPL & Eco Act: Describe the nature of an economic enterpise operating at a local scale and analyse internal and external linkages and flows of people, goods, services and ideas

stace0101

HSC
I reckon

ecosystems: management strategies (i didn't even know a specimen paper exsisted! so i hope its this at least, it would be easier than vulnerabilty and resilience. Hope its not rates of change or biophysical interactions or anything. why ecosystems need protection would be good but not gonna happen..)

people and economic activity: nature and linkages (or maybe global changes influencing at local scale)

urban places: nature, character and spatial distribution of world cities and/or mega cities or other points on urban dynamics that they didn't use last year. wish it could be challenges or role of world cities or something...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
following the trend where they asked world cities in 2002, mega citites in 2003 and urban dynamics 2004 then im almost definite theyll ask something about world cities
doubt it theyll ask vulnerability and resilience....mayb for short answer but itll be a case study/ies

myusername

HSC
the thing is although i originally originally would have areed with everyone who is saying that the ecosystem question will be something to do with the dot point about vulnerabilty and resilience/ natural and hum impacts...
i now am not quite sure b/c last years papers ecosystem question included " ... analyse the negative impacts of human activity on this ecosystem."

What does everyone else think...?

Also i am really hoping that the P&EA question is on the economic enterprise and not the economic activity. how do my chances look?

myusername

HSC
i thought that if they did ask a question on the vulnerability and resilience/ natural and human impacts then they would definately be asking you to refer to this in terms of your case study of an ecosystem...

i know the vulnerability and resilience dot point isnt under the case study section but i was just imagining that it would still apply to case studies....?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)