Uni Grad
Originally posted by Jesh
did u put my hosting post on sticky? :D
yes, and I'll take it off after 11pm on saturday

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
generally, non-private and non-selective schools, don't get many students in 90's UAI.. does that affect a students UAI? I dunno?
i guess it does to an extent, but if your school goes really bad and you do really well then it doesnt really matter, but if your marks arent that much better than your school's results may be slightly affected. but i wouldnt say that public schools dont get a lot of people with a UAI over 90. i think that is a very general statement! i know a lot of shitty private schools that get a lot less over 90 than public schools. it just depends on the ones you are looking at.

kini mini

HSC

Thanks for clearing all that out
No problem :)

tammer
but i wouldnt say that public schools dont get a lot of people with a UAI over 90. i think that is a very general statement! i know a lot of shitty private schools that get a lot less over 90 than public schools. it just depends on the ones you are looking at.
I agree, there's a huge range of public and private schools and I don't think you can make meaningful generalisations about their results.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
At my school (just a crummy public school) we usually get quite a lot of people over 90...

Don't knock non-privates/non-selectives!!!!!!

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I go to a kinda small public school and each year we have people with UAI over 90. Maybe not many but when yes the UAIs are really high......2 yrs ago a girl got 99.85......she got 100% for her 4u maths........:eek:
She didn't even go to tutoring............maybe it's just her.
:D .........woahhhhhh...........is it that hard to get over 90?(rhetoric)
Someone said "you'd be surprised how many ppl actually study in the state"..................hmmmmmmm, how many?
Well, according to this BOS we have over 2000 pple (i think, i gotta check) and each yr approx. 6000 ppl do the HSC, and not all want a UAI.....soooooooooooo.................lets make it 3000.......so half?......................cannnnnnnnn iiiiiii plz have a UAI over 90????????????? (errrr...........sorry) :rolleyes:

malayz_angel

[
I am asking, if a person goes to james ruse, then is that person advantaged over another person? Assuming both persons got same marks and went to diff skools.. Does the school have any role in determining UAI? [/B]
Yeah pretty much I believe what everyone else has been saying..the person with the highest rank will determine the "fate" of the rest of the school...going to a crummy public skool (hehe, no sarcasm here) I always believed that selective skools were the ones at disadvantage because they thrive so much on competition rather than than just working well for themselves..but then again, maybe they just told us that to make us feel better about ourselves... ;) Seriously, ppl in my skool do pretty well, we always have ppl in the 97-98 UAI catergory if not higher..and i know some ppl from selective skools who get 88-89 (which there is nothing wrong with) but they just break down crying because their skool was pushing them so hard for 90+ so yeah....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)