Predictions on $RealEstate$ (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jayz
!u must be rich! any good suggestions for a good fund manager and borrower? (other than your relatives, lol)
No i'm not rich, but expect to move quite quickly towards the apex of my income.

Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
apartments in the city?

minimum $300k rite?

YOU MUST BE DARN RICH BOY~! 20% deposit is $30,000 :eek:

and your planning to repay the house in 8-10 years SHEEZ, people working in the professional workforce are struggling to keep on a 25 year loan

WAKE UP!!!! UNLESS YOUR REALLY RICH OR HAVE STRONG PASSIVE INCOME
I have seen 14-18 year olds hired by big companies accompianied with equally large salaries. I don't think my assessment of myself and future is too farfetched. I have contacts in two major banks, and a consulting firm, so I potentially have a solid base.

And a note for the future, don't think like 'ordinary' people, if you think above them, you will be above them, unless you want to be in the working class all you life.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by enak
No i'm not rich, but expect to move quite quickly towards the apex of my income.

I have seen 14-18 year olds hired by big companies accompianied with equally large salaries. I don't think my assessment of myself and future is too farfetched. I have contacts in two major banks, and a consulting firm, so I potentially have a solid base.

And a note for the future, don't think like 'ordinary' people, if you think above them, you will be above them, unless you want to be in the working class all you life.
Just because you have such called "contacts" doesn't necessarily mean they will hire you, did you think of that, it is risky on the employers part, you need equilvalent skills to get the job most jobs in finance companies require a UNI degree

Yes there are kids earning big incomes, but thats an exception it can be done of course, but you need to have equal skills in the profession which comes from practice or experience

"if you think above them, you will be above them, unless you want to be in the working class all you life"

This quote seems to be much used in the business books i have been reading, haha RISK IS PART OF SUCCESS but you know this is not the same, it is not your business, it is your employers so is up to them to hire you or give you promotion prospects

on a personal note i wont get a loan from the bank, until i have sizable passive cash flow NOT EARNED INCOME, for various good reasons

Last edited:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I can agree with your points, and let's get on with our lives :)

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Motivation and will, that's all u need to succeed!
So true :) as is Enak's advice---> don't think like 'ordinary' people, if you think above them, you will be above them, unless you want to be in the working class all you life.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Motivation and will, that's all u need to succeed!
Also luck :) A lot of people have had their fortunes shaped by luck.

By the way, if anyone's interested, in the BRW this week is the annual young rich list. It has good advice and notes in this issue if you want to be an entrepreneur.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
1) If you want to play on the stock markets, you need to KNOW what you are doing before you even start LUCK is just part of it but not the main factor, how do you think investors make millions of dollars luck? NO knowledge

2) It doesn't matter how much you make, you must have FINANCIAL LITERARCY, if you dont have that, you will have bad cash management, so build your financial IQ by reading books

And yes, motivation is what you need

just a thought

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
And this thread is getting off topic

Anyways, does anyone know at what rate Brisbane real estate prices are rising?

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
And this thread is getting off topic

Anyways, does anyone know at what rate Brisbane real estate prices are rising?
you could try looking on the QLD REI site www.reiq.com.au
or www.residex.com.au
orwww.domain.com.au, go to 'buy', then 'suburb snapshot' and type in your postcode or suburb, and it comes up with info such as median prices, median change etc

jayz

walking
Fresh off TV, some analyst said AUS interest rates are likely to increase gradually to the end of the year, because US reserve is going to leave the rate at 1% (the US rates won't rise for now because of the low employment figures). Although interest rise won't burst the housing price bubble, the bubble will deflate slowly due to investors realisation that other investment fronts (i.e. bonds, shares etc) are more profitable and the return from housing rent is not sufficient to support their mortgage repayments. In particular he mentioned inner city properties in SYD and MELB are going to fall in price considerablly.

Comments?

Bimbo

Southern Girl
i think the fact that inner city prices will decrease will definitely be a good thing, cos they are so overpriced at the moment.

jayz

walking
Maybe this is just me, but I truly can't find the incentives to invest in any inner city apartment, first they hav no land, 2ndly no potential for growth (as in growth in the crowded location), 3rd some r crowded (as in the building size), noisy and apart from the great 'views' I don't know why ppl still pay big bucks 4 apartments (maybe to go on the news or something, i.e. new price record for harbour apartments, Mr/Ms/Mrs blah blah whatever their name has set a new record...)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I don't know why ppl still pay big bucks 4 apartments (maybe to go on the news or something, i.e. new price record for harbour apartments, Mr/Ms/Mrs blah blah whatever their name has set a new record...)
:rofl: :)

Yes they are quite expensive those waterfront mansions, but for the rich, they can be used as a stable investment it's called a 'trophy' house.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
where would u buy your retirement property?
TAS, NZ?

queenstown for me!
If I had a choice, on the French country side, sipping wine from the vineyard and walking the gardens with my wife and then call Vladimir Ashkenazy over to play some music for us in the evening :). Something along the lines of that would be ideal.

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by enak
If I had a choice, on the French country side, sipping wine from the vineyard and walking the gardens with my wife and then call Vladimir Ashkenazy over to play some music for us in the evening :). Something along the lines of that would be ideal.
ohhh yes, somewhere in the Loire Valley in France would suit me fine...or a huge plantation with a gorgeous manor in Georgia ahh

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Bimbo
ohhh yes, somewhere in the Loire Valley in France would suit me fine...or a huge plantation with a gorgeous manor in Georgia ahh
Another woman with taste :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)