Predictions (1 Viewer)

Jumper :^)

HSC
Predictions for the big History and Geo questions anyone?

I was thinking for Geo it'd be one about a Regional/Global Link, because in the last few years they covered the whole Geographical Issues topic and the last 2 years it's been Future Challenges...

And in History, maybe Aboriginal people's changing rights and freedoms, or involvement in the UN?

What do you guys think?

Somnolence

HSC
I'm thinking something to do with environments, and writing up a research action plan for an environment.

I think we'll get something like that, but really, I can't say, what questions they ask are unpredictable.

HSC
Somnolence said:
I'm thinking something to do with environments, and writing up a research action plan for an environment.

I think we'll get something like that, but really, I can't say, what questions they ask are unpredictable.
You mean writing a RAP in the exam? Gee that'd be fun... :eek:

rolror88

HSC
N/A
For History, my gut feeling tells me its going to have something about the policies that have been implemented by the Australian Government (especially with the "Sorry" speech in Febuary by Rudd).. Nevertheless, I'm going to revise all the topics

Geography... no idea, but I hope there is nothing on human rights/reconciliation as they're probably my weakest areas. Maybe a 5 marker on Global/Regional Link, Extended Reponse on Geographical Processes

HSC
rolror88 said:
For History, my gut feeling tells me its going to have something about the policies that have been implemented by the Australian Government (especially with the "Sorry" speech in Febuary by Rudd).. Nevertheless, I'm going to revise all the topics

Geography... no idea, but I hope there is nothing on human rights/reconciliation as they're probably my weakest areas. Maybe a 5 marker on Global/Regional Link, Extended Reponse on Geographical Processes
Same here about Human Rights... good thing it was last year's hey?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
If geo is about human rights/reconcilliation....
my life is officially over.

i jest, i jest.
Yeah, history big one could be on reasons for involement in vietnam, or changing attitudes toward involvement...
ugh.
who knows.

studentcheese

HSC
History would be UN and Aborigines. UN hasn't been tested in the SC for a long time.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Lets outline some things about the UN then!

Feel free to contribute!
(Actually, contribute, that's an order)
((IMPERITIVE LANGUAGE!.. Why not throw in some english techniques too :p ))

So, the UN was formed 1946, replacing the league of nations.
Its aim is to remove threats, inequalities, promote peace, fairness and justice blah, blah.
In the general assembly, each country has equal vote.
We are part of UN agencies such as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and United nations educational, scientific and cultural organisation (UNESCO)
Doc Evatt lead the first australian delegation to the general assembly in 1948...
Hmmmm...
The universal declaration of human rights was adopted in 1948.

HSC
yeah I have a UN feeling, plainly because no-one knows it. generalisation, but from what i've seen its a weak area.

Human rights/reconciliation/Aboriginals i think

ZacA888

HSC
I think Aboriginals will be the way they're heading, mainly because of Sorry Day this year happening & all.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Australia proposed many amendments to the '48 UN Charter on Human Rights of which 23 were accepted; Dr Herbert Vere Evatt became the first President of the UN Council. Or something. I don't think it'd be on the UN, there's not much to write about that. I think more like your influential person or communism, possibly decade study. Hopefully not on Aborigines ><

HSC
Deer said:
Lets outline some things about the UN then!

Feel free to contribute!
(Actually, contribute, that's an order)
((IMPERITIVE LANGUAGE!.. Why not throw in some english techniques too :p ))

So, the UN was formed 1946, replacing the league of nations.
Its aim is to remove threats, inequalities, promote peace, fairness and justice blah, blah.
In the general assembly, each country has equal vote.
We are part of UN agencies such as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and United nations educational, scientific and cultural organisation (UNESCO)
Doc Evatt lead the first australian delegation to the general assembly in 1948...
Hmmmm...
The universal declaration of human rights was adopted in 1948.
Ok, and Australia has participated in many UN peacekeeping missions also, one of them being INTERFET, the INTERnational Force for East Timor, in 1999-2001.

This was just after East Timor had become an independent nation, and there were anti-independence militias causing strife. INTERFET came along (10 000 peacekeepers, 5000 of them Australian) and they aimed to promote peace and stability in the new country, confronting the militias which had mostly retreated to Indonesia, and also providing humanitarian assistance.

INTERFET was only a temporary kind of thing until the proper UN force- UNTAET- could come in and take over, but it was much praised for its successes in bringing stability to the situation.

Ok so maybe I covered some of this topic :)
I actually had no idea I knew that much- not exactly sure about those facts as they were off the top of my head. Someone may want to check...

HSC
Actually yeah, UN there is not a whole lost of content.

Our history told us its pretty safe to say we'll get an extended on the electives: migrants/women
decade
prime minister and policy
figure/issue

they've barely tested some of these options in the past years...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)