Prefect Speeches/Elections! (1 Viewer)

Gigacube

HSC
I don't think my school holds the elections until the middle of term 3. Only year 11 students & teachers get votes. It usually turns out as a popularity contest. :/

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
i think becoming a prefect is more about your reputation than your speech. you have to be:
-popular
-seem generally responsible and not a dick (this depends on what kind of people are in your school, matters less if everyone doesnt give a shit)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
i think becoming a prefect is more about your reputation than your speech. you have to be:
-popular
-seem generally responsible and not a dick (this depends on what kind of people are in your school, matters less if everyone doesnt give a shit)
You would know everything about being popular and not being a dick aye?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Haha, the best parts of my speech were all improvised.
I said I'd wear a skirt (still haven't :D). Also got up in the grill of a fellow nominee. Good times, and he went a long with it which was even better.

fairyfloss23

HSC
Year 11 and Teachers vote but i don't know how much difference there is in the importance of their vote or if there is even a difference at all.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
We don't do speeches for prefect election, but the sports captains who get in always make funny speeches. So I suggest that.

At my school prefects are only voted on by seniors and teachers, but to be a prefect you can't have been on welfare probation or whatever it's called. (Basically no being naughty haha) And then amongst themselves, prefect elect school captain and vice captains. At least that's how I think the whole thing works.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I spent 5 minutes on stage mocking myself/other runners. Got prefect.

A lot of the girls talked about every one of their achievements, and I have none, so I talked about stuff like my runner up ribbon in the athletics carnival 5 years ago.

Last edited:

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I spent 5 minutes on stage mocking myself/other runners. Got prefect.

A lot of the girls talked about every one of their achievements, and I have none, so I talked about stuff like my runner up ribbon in the athletics carnival 5 years ago.
If you can rip on yourself, your chances are better IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)