Prefects 2oo6!! (1 Viewer)

scrilly

HSC
bubz :D said:
Please try to stay on topic, guys
I've got a funny story about me and Frostillicus. In fact it's not so much funny as long. The year was 1962. Charles Lindbergh was flying across the Atlantic in the Spruce Goose. There was great potato famine in Ireland. And all across America, people were doing a dance called the Funky Grandpa. A da da da da, they'd go...

kahlilouise

HSC
I am school captain at my school, and because it is quite a small school, our role isn't exactly huge. We basically run assemblies and attend official functions etc. There isn't a hell of a lot of student interaction, in a formal respect. Just basic chat in the quadrangle :)

LynH1326

HSC
They tried doing that with the two schools in my area (they're about 3-4km apart). It didnt work cuz of a moron prefect at my school getting hold of my boyfriend's (a prefect for the other school) msn addy and telling him that he wanted to bash him and to come to where this moron was having footy practice. He was also making derogatory comments about me to rile my boyfriend up.

Anywhom, my parents complained to the school cuz my school has these posters around town about the school being so great and accepting and polite. Anyways, due to the incident occuring out of school, the teacher didnt do anything, even though the moron has been making my life hell for the past 3 years and I had told teachers that he had been bullying me.

Is that the acceptable behaviour of a prefect?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hey, im prefect at my school.... just wanted to shout out bout wat they are getting us to do lunch time today. this morning they handed around some contract form that outlines everything about the reasons for which a prefect may be dismissed from office :O now they want all the prefects to sign it so that if any one thing doesnt go our way, they'll get rid of us!! so yeh, at lunchtime we have some meeting to sign it :| not impressed.

BassGuitarded

HSC
Prefects and the like arent meant about power they are meant to be about serving the school they are not higher than you or anything they are just providing a service to the school. They are meant to be acting as a bridge between students and the teachers to works out problems and see what can be done to better the school. I speak from experience im not captain or vice captain, but i am part of something like an SRC but we act on serving the school and the year we are asigned to.

sallo

HSC
well i'm prefect at a school that has a grand total of 28 year 12 students and we basically run assembelies, do special occassions etc. Since were in such a small school i actually know the entire year 7 body. Our job as leaders is to basically lead, the teachers expect us to show the younger kids how to behave, get along etc. My biggest problem is the increasing lack of respect shown by younger kids these days, were a school of 362 people and somehow we still have bullies etc, so don;t think the problem is just in the city.
Oh and about that bullying problem, I'd take my parents to the principals office and wouldn't leave there until something was done about him, they can't control him outside of school but they can make his life hell while they have him.

crimsonking

HSC
this morning they handed around some contract form that outlines everything about the reasons for which a prefect may be dismissed from office

Damn Howard!

He's hit you with this individual contract thing to?

HEY HEY, HO HO, INDUSTRIAL REFORM HAS GOT TO GO

You might get sacked and re-hired with less power.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
crimsonking said:
this morning they handed around some contract form that outlines everything about the reasons for which a prefect may be dismissed from office

Damn Howard!

He's hit you with this individual contract thing to?

HEY HEY, HO HO, INDUSTRIAL REFORM HAS GOT TO GO

You might get sacked and re-hired with less power.
lol.... i was at a protest a few months ago and that was slightly reworded to:

Hey Hey, Ho Ho, Johnny Howard's Gotta Go!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)